All reviews honesty bar old victorian this delightful hotel overlooking the sea a great nights sleep sailing event one night stay isle of wight fresh fruit salad eggs benedict minute walk parking space two nights lovely breakfast little touches town centre top floor
Reviewed 20 August 2018

After previously staying at the Villa I knew what I was getting myself in for....

A good breakfast, a comfy bed and views to die for.

The Villa Rothsay is a period building with an interior to match. It's covered in Yachting regalia and trinkets and that seems right, considering that Cowes is the Yachting Mecca of the world.

Miranda was extremely helpful during my stay and in booking, by calling her directly she gave me a cheeky discount compared to going through a provider. Way to make your customer feel like they are royalty!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 August 2018

My family & I had the absolute pleasure of recently staying at this delightful hotel.

From the moment we arrived we were made to feel so welcome. It rather felt like we had arrived at a friend’s grand home for the weekend. Nothing was too much bother for the staff.

The décor was delightful – the nautical theme was fascinating, the rooms were spotlessly clean and the ensuite bathrooms were clean and everything functioned well.

We loved the location since it affording some of the best views available over the Solent and was still only a 10 minute walk down into Cowes town.

Following a very comfortable night’s sleep (in room 228) we had breakfast in the dining room and sat in the window with more great views across the garden out to the Solent beyond.

My wife had Eggs Benedict which she commented on as one of the best she had ever had.

I had a very filling and beautifully cooked full English.

We had the pleasure of meeting the Chef and owner, Miranda who was most charming and bought us extra tea & toast so we could just sit and enjoy the surroundings for a very relaxed Sunday morning.

Well done Villa Rothsay – you have mastered the art of making your guests feel special in a unique historic building and we will certainly be returning.

Room Tip: North Facing Rooms all have sea views!
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BillWallace1
Reviewed 29 July 2018

Difficult to book direct, calls not returned emails unanswered but as booking for nine in six rooms I persevered rates and room types confirmed by Margret we looked forward to our extended family weekend, We arrived early and on arrival we were shown our rooms that would be finished whilst we had drinks in the comfortable lounge which has views of the Solent, Margret kindly offered the oldies a lift into Cowes but it is an easy ten minute walk. Rooms were varied but good linen and well appointed we slept well. Breakfast was excellent, fresh fruit salad, patisserie and so may cooked options we were spoilt for choice,all well cooked and presented. Weather was fabulous and so enjoyable two of our party wished to stay an extra night as most of us were staying two nights. When late that afternoon I asked if they could stay for a second night and pay the same rate (although their original room had been booked, an inferior room was available) I was told by Margret "No, I don't think so" she asked for £25 more!. It was £10 less on Booking.com. To cap if off we were not given a bill per room as I had asked, I was given a sum of money on a square of paper which was £60 more per room than agreed. Fortunately I had a copy of the agreed prices and the correct amount was paid. The house is ;lovely especially if you have in interest in the history of Yachts and sailing in general. But would we stay again. Unfortunately the pricing structure was an mystery so, No, I don;t think so..

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank Jayne F
Reviewed 19 July 2018

The room was spacious even though this was at the back of the hotel as no sea facing rooms were available. The hotel owners and staff are lovely and nothing was too much trouble for them. We would stay here again. Thankyou.

Room Tip: Several rooms have sea views
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Simon H
Reviewed 11 July 2018

Excellent room with terrace overlooking the Solent. Incredibly helpful staff/owners
with plenty of local knowledge to share. Breakfast choices very good and very tasty.
No other meals available at the hotel but a reasonably short walk into East Cowes with plenty of good restaurants to choose from.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a view of the Solent and if possible the room with the sitting area and terrace.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple