“Warm hosts, organic breakfast, lovely room”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cowes
Green Bank Guest House
Ranked #17 of 29 Cowes B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“Warm hosts, organic breakfast, lovely room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

The rooms look nicer in reality than the photos, which was a pleasant surprise. We booked last minute and the only room available required shared bathroom. It didn't seem to be a problem though, as we only had to share with one other room. The B&B is an easy 10min walk from Cowes High Street. Ellen and Grant were lovely hosts, asking us for our breakfast preferences so they could buy the right ingredients. When we had to check out a little later, and they had to go out, they simply asked us to leave the keys at the front. No fuss, great trust. The online booking process was also very convenient and reassuring.

Room Tip: Some rooms have shared bathroom facility and some en suite. Be sure to check when booking on the B&a...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

I stayed 5night in this hous.,Meet with Ellen & Grant,they are very frendlly and helpfuul persons. I was so glad.Every day I had nice & testy fuul breakfast.My room was clean everyday,quiet.I had relax &enjoy.Very good connection to senter &any town.Bus stop next to the hause.I would like to say Rllen&Grant Thank you Very Much!and will recomend all my friend.,when will go to Isle of Wight , I'll try to get this place again.

Room Tip: Rooms quit
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Chale, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2011

we had a lovely stay here. our en-suite room was clean and the bed was very comfy. nice breakfasts and very welcoming hosts. very convenient for cowes town centre and harbours, a mere five min walk. plenty of really good places to eat in cowes. we also had a good days sailing with "sailforfun". excellent all round

Room Tip: all rooms are nice
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2011

I stayed at Green Bank over a 5 month period for business, and found Ellen and Grant to be incredibly friendly, helpful, and accommodating throughout. I would have no hesitation in recommending Green Bank for a short, or as in my case an extended stay.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2011

...Oh, OK, their could have been two eggs at breakfast, but I'm really struggling to find anything other than praise. comfy, clean, friendly.
Ah - just remembered - no individual keys to rooms so don't leave valuables.
I'd certainly return.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Cedarburg, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2010

I stayed with Ellen and Grant for the first week of December. I was looking to take a break on the Isle of Wight before kicking off much bigger and more fast-paced travels for the rest of the month, and this B&B was just the thing. My room was very clean when I arrived, and I never saw (or heard) any of the other guests, which is a good thing if you're looking for a quiet retreat like I was. I rented a single, but it came with two twin beds. Th room included a vanity and sink, and there were two separate rooms for a shower and a bathroom just down the hall. Every morning I was greeted and served a hot breakfast (if I wanted) or chose from the large selection of cold breakfast items. The B&B is located well within walking distance of Cowes' High Street--lots of little vintage/resale shops here with reasonable prices! It was winter (we even had snow!), and not a lot of people were around, but it was very easy to get to and from restaurants and pubs. The only downer was that it was a little chilly at night sometimes (but I had plenty of blankets), and the internet would occasionally go out. I didn't go out much, so the tea cups in my room weren't replaced after being used, but it was only because I told Ellen not to worry about it since I was in my room most of the day. If I ever come back to the Isle of Wight, I would love to stay here again!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank TheAdventuringNinja
Plymouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2010

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit, and hope to stay again in the future.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple