“Absolutely the most rude waiter I've ever met.”
Review of Cowes Tandoori

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I called in tonight for a takeaway for my family whilst we are staying in Cowes on holiday. I first asked for the Tuesday night deal that was advertised in the window; the waiter/ restauranteer then snatched the menu of me and said they didn't do this deal for takeaways. So very embarrassed I asked for the menu back to select a curry. The waiter proceeded to stand over me whilst I looked and when I started to give my order he snatched back the menu saying 'minimum order' I hadn't actually finished ordering and sadly this meant that they missed out on a large order for my family. No suprises here but I walked out. I will not return and feel absolutely shocked that a business can treat paying customers in this way. This was very uncomfortable and unlike any other treatment we have received in Cowes. We ended up eating at the curry house two doors away called the Bahar and it was lovely service and good food!

1  Thank Laura C

Reviewed 7 May 2013

One of the most friendly Indians in Cowes. Which you can take your own booze BONUS!!!
food was lovely service was good too. had a wonderful evening.

2  Thank Tasha D
Reviewed 23 April 2013

A group of us had a takeaway from this restaurant and were particularly disappointed. The prices are extortionate and at least 50% more than they should be, and 75% more than what it is worth. I was visiting from London, and have never myself paid even close to this amount for a take away. To add insult to injury the food was less than average with all the dishes being over cooked so the meat was dry. Additionally one of the dishes bore no resemblance to what was ordered. There was no point complaining, just worth remembering. On future visits this is somewhere that will most definitely be avoided.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

Visited once again, and yet again had a great experience! Welcoming and friendly staff, always courteous and efficient. The food? Consistently high standard - dependable choice.

Reviewed 13 December 2012

Skipper of latest sailing trip suggested this for crew dinner.
Bring your own drinks was a plus but from there downhill.
Some of our party had excellent dishes so some are good. I was not so fortunate.
I had duck to start which was dry and not very good folowed by the mixed tandoori. Would be very surprised if they actually have a tandoori oven, if they do they do not use it well. Have had much better tandooris at restaurants that do not call themselves a tandoori restaurant.
The bill was a horrendous shock for ome of the crew. They charge separately for the popadom and the chutneys which worked out and damn near a pound a poppadom.
I did remonstrate with the manager but to little avail.
Would not return unless I was starving and every other establishment in Cowes was closed.
Awful