“Good curry”

Cowes Tandoori
Ranked #42 of 62 Restaurants in Cowes
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Cowes, Isle of Wight, UK
“Good curry”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

A group of us had a meal here after sailing.

The food did take quite a long time to come, but we were pretty happy chatting and drinking Cobra. Food was good. Some of my fellow diners thought it better than the two other Indian restaurants in Cowes. I'll reserve judgment on that, but I thought it was fine.

Bill came to £25.00 per person.

Visited July 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Tasty food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

We wanted to eat local food and were a bit hesitant to go for the Indian but glad we did. The food is delicious. Friendly staff. Must try.

Visited July 2014
Cowes, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“avoid unless very hungry”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

I got a takeaway from this place and it was poor. I went there in person to place my order, the place was empty but I still felt that the staff were totally indifferent. Sadly, that was the highlight of my experience there. The "food" was awful - virtually tasteless.... which for a curry, takes some doing!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank BeanoP
“Good value, good service, good food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Me and my wife use this as our local take-out and occasionally eat in on their "Banquet Nights" and having tried all other curry houses nearby, have found it to be the best Indian food in Cowes.

Value wise, some of the chef's specials are slightly overpriced but I feel the extra couple of pounds is worth it for the service and quality. The staff are consistently friendly and the food arrived fairly relatively quick and was hot and well prepared. They even threw in a free side dish on one of our parties birthdays! Drinks aren't too pricey either which is where a lot of places get you!

Overall I would always recommend Cowes Tandoori as my curry-house of choice and don't see me changing any time soon!

There is also a 10% discount on collection if you don't want to eat-in and they are usually ready within half-an-hour.

• Visited June 2014
Cowes, United Kingdom
“Cowes Tandoori”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Great staff and very friendly. Food is always hot and fresh tasting.
Good value for money and super location.

• Visited May 2014