We were invited to attend a wedding at the New Holmwood Hotel and thought that as it looked good on the web-site, and for convenience, we'd book in for the weekend. The hotel has a great position overlooking the Solent Estuary and in a quiet location, but only a short walk from the town. Right from the start the service was excellent, a young guy whose name I didn't catch was very welcoming and ensured we knew our way around as part of our check in. We stayed at the hotel for dinner on the Friday night, and were pleased we did. The service and food were excellent, and there was a good variety on the menu to choose from too.
The room was very good, with a great shower too. We were very pleased to see a silent fan and complimentary bottles of water provided which assured us a good night sleep as it was still around 17 degrees outside that night.
Breakfast was self service with hot food cooked to order. Again very good and the staff also ensured everyone's food was delivered at the same time
As the Best Man at the wedding, I was nervous, but Dave, the manager, expertly guided us through the day, never intrusive but expertly on hand to ensure we all had a fantastic day. The prompt cards Dave supplied were very much appreciated
The evening reception took place in a function room which also led out to a fabulous balcony where we contiued to enjoy the party with the bonus of the sea air, and a great sunset on the water. The food at wedding receptions is normally bland, not here though, everything was fresh and there was plenty of variety
This is a great place to stay, with easy access to the island's highlights, and along with other wedding guests that night agreed that we will definitely return when coming back to the island
Thanks to Dave, Kathy, Martin, Scott and all the other staff who without exception made the whole weekend a great occasion. The bride and groom were certainly happy
One regret is that we hadn't booked a longer stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western New Holmwood Hotel is situated at Egypt Point in Cowes on the Isle of Wight, home to a multitude of world famous yachting events. The hotel offers fantastic panoramic views across the solent from its public areas with the enchanting town of Cowes being only a 15 - 20 minute walk along the waterfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western New Holmwood Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western New Holmwood Hotel And Restaurant
- Best Western Cowes
- Cowes Best Western
- Best Western New Holmwood Hotel Cowes, Isle Of Wight