All reviews garden room neal's yard toiletries isle of wight top floor lovely garden off street parking cowes town centre fresh milk comfortable bed on arrival excellent breakfast excellent stay perfect place to stay full english breakfast peaceful location huge bathroom comfortable stay
Reviewed 29 March 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Mimosa Lodge during a very blustery and rainy weekend in March 2013. That fortunately was the only bad thing about our trip.

The Mimosa Lodge didn’t disappoint, and lived up to all the reviews I read beforehand. The room we stayed in was superbly furnished with a luxury bath and shower room, and from the bedroom had a lovely view over the garden. The garden, patio, etc although viewed through the wind and rain, still looked lovely, so I can imagine in the middle of summer it would look fabulous.

Sally our host was simply lovely and was very welcoming, and made us feel at home straightaway.

The breakfast Sally cooked for us was delicious, perfectly cooked, and the only negative I can think of, is that Sally obviously can’t count, as she seemed to have cooked breakfast for 4 not 2 lol.

When we need a first class room, safe off road parking, with a first class host and accommodation on the IOW, there is only one place we will call. Thanks Sally

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2013

A beautiful house and gardens situated in a quiet road just up the road from cowes, and the room was lovely with great views. We were made to feel very welcome and the breakfast was lovely nothing was too much trouble, even getting vegetarian sausages, thanks Sally. Would definately stay at Mimosa Lodge again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Myself and my girlfriend stayed here on a combined business trip and short break so wanted somewhere nice but also accommodation that wouldn't break the bank. We went for the balcony room for the view, which didn't disappoint. It is very spacious and beautifully appointed. The sheets were lovely and crisp and very nice quality, as were the towels - plus the shower is AMAZING! Sally was a perfect host and very kind. We needed a lie in and she was very happy to oblige with a late breakfast. All in all we had a wonderful time and really enjoyed the trip. Although we'd planned an evening out, we came back early as we couldn't get enough of the view. I've already recommended Mimosa Lodge to friends and family. We'll be back again next year.

Room tip: The balcony room is wonderful and worth a little extra if you're taking someone. Highly recommended.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2013

What a delightful find. Beautifully furnished, comfortable, spotlessly clean rooms, a warm welcome, excellent breakfast using local produce. The best bacon I've ever tasted and fresh fruit accompanied by local Briddlesford Lodge Farm yoghurt (so good we had to buy some from the farm shop on our way home). Finishing touches include proper Illly coffee and Teapigs tea in our room with Twix and KitKats; White Company toiletries; and quality bed linen. I was staying in the ground floor twin which had a window facing the road (but no noise) and a small one facing the sea - lovely to have a double aspect room. Really enjoyed having both a decent sized bath and separate shower. When I told Sally I'd had a flat battery one day she said Jeremy would have come out to bump start me if I'd called - so kind. Sally recommended a few excellent restaurants nearby to eat. No. 3 in Cowes in particular was a gastronomic treat - thanks Sally! We booked in for two more stays at Mimosa Lodge later in the year - it really was that good and excellent value for money.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 February 2013

My stay in February 2013 was comfortable and welcoming. The rooms were clean and kept to very high standard. I would recommend this B&B for either business and pleasure, Ideal location for the town and ferry.

Date of stay: February 2013