Mimosa Lodge
PremierInn.com
US$242
US$68
  • Bar/Lounge
Travelodge Newport Isle of Wight(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$49
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
US$84
  • Restaurant
All reviewsb bneal's yard toiletriesisle of wighttop floorlovely gardenoff street parkingcowes town centrequiet roadyogurtcomfortable bedcoffee making facilitieson arrivalbath and showerexcellent breakfastexcellent staylovely roompeaceful location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Sally made both my wife and I feel very welcomed. Based on the beautiful images of her house I booked the large double bedroom with balcony which had a lovely vantage point to admire the surround views over the water. Without any hesitation we will definitely book again next time we visit the Island. On a personal note, even before we arrived Sally had gone that extra mile to help me arrange surprise dinner/dancing night out. Sally has a great source of local knowledge, I can safely say "What Sally doesn't know about the Island is properly not worth knowing"

Room Tip: It won't take long before Mimosa Lodge gets over-subscribed due to it's popularity
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We booked the large double room with balcony at short notice for one night. Great communication from Sally giving check in details and specifics on how to find Mimosa Lodge. There was plenty of off road parking and a warm welcome upon arrival.

The room was fabulous and we were so glad we decided to up the ante a little for the sea view. Too cold to make use of the balcony but an amazing panoramic view of the Solent with all the maritime traffic and twinkling lights in the evening. The bed was huge, incredibly comfortable and we slept very well indeed. A nice touch was the quality of the drinks in the room. Not your usual instant coffee here but a single cup cafetiere and a tin of proper ground coffee. Yum! The en suite bathroom was very spacious and well appointed with a fab "raincloud" shower as well as a bathtub.

Breakfast was great! The quality of the food was excellent and the coffee was nice and strong and just as it should be. It was clear that the owners put an awful lot of effort into sourcing great produce. Wonderful granary toast, zingy freshly squeezed orange juice and poached eggs with the deepest yellow yolks we had seen in a long time. It's the little things that make the difference :-)

All in all we would highly recommend Mimosa Lodge. An excellent stay in great surroundings and worth every penny.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2014

My wife and I booked a few days over Xmas and New Year. The weather was ATROCIOUS!!! No matter though, the room we had booked was exceedingly comfortable, excellent views of passing shipping bound for Southampton and a brilliant full English every day. If I can I will definitely book again but it will have to be in Summer.

Room Tip: Book the upstairs room with the balcony.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Despite our stay only being a brief overnight we found the room and en-suite very comfortable and welcoming. Warm, clean, lights and spacious with a well appointed en-suite with bath and shower cubicle.
Although the December weather was not at its best the gardens look well laid out and maintained and there was a pleasant view out over the Solent.
Would we recomend - yes
Stay again - yes.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I am sat on the edge of our bed enjoying the view of the sea on albeit a murky day. I booked this room for the purpose of a romantic weekend away and it has exceeded all my expectations. All the trip advisor reviews I read we're outstanding and not without reason. We arrived late on Thursday and were greeted by Sally the owner who could not have been more welcoming. Over the past 3 days we have enjoyed the room with all it's little touches such as fresh milk each time we return, complimentary water and chocolate treat, clean and comfy towels and freshly made made up bed. The bed is large and comfy and offers views of the tree tops at the end of the garden and sea beyond. The bathroom is amazing with a remote control wet room and double ended bath. Breakfast was hearty and perfectly proportioned each day with the choice of fresh fruit, cooked full English and salmon and eggs. Last but not least both Sally and Jeremy have been exceptionally helpful, informative and generous with their time. I would thoroughly recommend a stay here and can not think of a better b&b that I have been too. To top it all off my girlfriend is now my fiancé and so a perfect weekend and one that normally only exists in dreams.

Room Tip: We chose the the balcony room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple