“Horrible chips!”

Totties
Ranked #48 of 63 Restaurants in Cowes
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

Been here on several occasions and was disappointed. You have to wait for the chips to be cooked every time. The chips are overpriced and taste horrible! Also, when I asked for ketchup, I asked for it to be put on the side, but they still put it all over!

Food hygiene is particularly poor.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Your standard chippie - jumbo cod and fishcakes are usually good - as has been pointed out they don't do "wallies", ie gherkins. We've asked them to stock them but no luck so far!

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Sampled a fish cake and chips tonight from this establishment.................by far the worst on Planet Earth. Overcooked (or cooked for a 'second' or even 'third' (?) time around perhaps ?) Greasy & 'hard' . Most had to be thrown away. Fish cake nearly broke my crowns !!

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Only had chips from here but they were cooked fresh so they were hot and crispy, just how proper chips should be and very reasonably priced

Reviewed 31 July 2013

We were returning from the Needles after a long day and we needed some 'Seaside Fish and Chips'.
Stopping in Totland (not East Cowes as the review title says), we found 'Totties' - a chip shop cum pizza cum burger cum kebab shop.

We ordered a chicken kebab (cooked fresh from the skewer), chips, fish and some 'mini cod bites' for our two young girls.

Wow! Talk about value for money! We had to throw one and a half bags of chips away as the portion control was HUGE - and we only ordered small bags!

The girls cod bites (and I'm always disappointed with 'Kids' meals in fast food places - AND pubs, come to mention it) - were AWESOME. They received about 8 pieces of thick, juicy Cod which tasted gorgeous - the batter being light and not at all greasy.

Chips - very good. And lots of them!

Kebab? Ok. I wanted more in the way of tandoori chicken and this was more like a light seasoning which I'm sure would appeal to most. It was tasty and well cooked on a char-grill.

Cod - I had to look twice because I think they served me a portion of Blue Whale....it was ENORMOUS! Tasty too.

For me the only real let down was the curry sauce. Not brilliant - but certainly not the worst I've eaten.

If you're hungry - I'd recommend this. Go for the small portions as they are huge.

Not the best chip shop in the world - but I would certainly point people in its direction if they were hungry and wanted top value for money.