“Brilliant entertainment and value for money”

Thorness Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed here for the weekend and it was so lovely. We stayed in the quieter part of the site which was Solent breezes. The caravan was very clean and tidy and warm - we stayed in a silver + type caravan. The surrounding area is stunning and the views if the beach are beautiful.
The entertainment is brilliant the best I've seen from any park. The compare 'Terry' was awesome and very funny indeed he made it so worth while for the adults even while entertaining the young ones.
Meals were nice and all staff were helpful and very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank fairsar36
Park R, General Manager at Thorness Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

I was very pleased to read your review of Thorness Bay. As you know we have two different areas on park, the original part of the park built around trees and woodlands and a newer addition at the top of the park which is more open space. We feel this enables us to accommodate people's preferences. I'm glad that the Solent Breeze area suited your needs.

Our Entertainments team work very hard to entertain all age groups appropriately, and I will pass all of your comments on to the relevant departments.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This was a newspaper deal, we have done a few of these and always been happy but this resort wasn't our favourite.
Whatever you do DO NOT turn up before your check in time, our time was 2.30, we arrived at 2.23 and was told quite seriously to come back in 7 minutes....7 minutes! Really?!
Our caravan looked like it had been given a quick once over rather than a clean, our little boy spilt a drink and when I wiped it up all kinds of muck came up with it.
We asked for the beds in the 2nd bedroom to be removed to fit in a travel cot and they weren't.
Everywhere you look they advertise buying a holiday home, but I mean everywhere! Around the park, on every table, in the toilets, in your caravan, it's too much!
The park is nice, food is ok but we have stayed nicer places and agreed we probably wouldn't return to thorness bay.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Lizstout1

Thank you for your review.

We have designated check-in times to enable our housekeeping department to do a realistic changeover. As soon as the units have been cleaned and checked by a supervisor we do try to release the keys in a timely fashion.
I do hope that you contacted reception with regards to the cleanliness and removal of the beds to enable us to rectify this situation.

Buying a holiday home is a large part of our business, as here at Thorness we do have a large owner base. I'm sorry if you felt that the advertising of holiday homes was too much.

I do hope that you would visit us or another Park Resorts site again in the future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Had originally booked gold standard caravan .It was fine but around caravan uneven ,this was a problem for my partially sited daughter and young grandson. The staff couldn't be more help full. No sooner had we mentioned than we had been offered what appeared to be good plus/platinum home with beautiful enclosed decking. Brilliant accommodation, fantastic walk down to a pebbly beach. Food in restaurant reasonably priced and good quality. My 3 1/2 year old grandson really enjoyed the entertainment. I would recommend this site

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

I was very pleased to read your kind review of Thorness Bay. We always try our best to accommodate our guests as per their needs. Had we known of your additional needs we would have tried to site you in a more appropriate area. However, I'm glad that we were able to move you once the issues were highlighted to us.

We are very fortunate here at Thorness to have direct access to the bay, it's well worth taking a walk to.

It's also great to hear that your grandson enjoyed the entertainment, and you would recommend us to other people.

We hope to see you here again in the future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights from 23rd june to 27th june. Our caravan was clean and tidy. Our little baby enjoyed every single day and we were so happy to see her enjoying. The entertainment staff were very friendly. The only complain I have was the curry served on Wednesday was rubbish. It was not upto the standard, I think it was just reheated from frozen. Other than that I would definitely recommend my friends who got children to visit this place once. Thank you

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. I was pleased to read that your family enjoyed your stay and were entertained. I will pass all of your comments on to the relevant departments.

I'm sorry that you felt the curry was not up to standard, I will look into this and act upon your comments accordingly.

We hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We had an enjoyable long weekend here (27-30 June 2014) and the kids loved the entertainment, play park etc. Caravan was clean and ready on our arrival. Beautiful views down to the bay. On our last day, my mum was taken ill and I have to say the staff could not have been more helpful and supportive. We were offered additional free nights until she was well enough to travel and the other guests came to offer help watching my young children while the ambulance was there. The staff here work so hard - from the entertainers through to the office staff and sales team - thank you all - you helped me so much through what would have been a really difficult last day x

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind review. I am so pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us here at Thorness Bay.
I do hope that your mother has made a full recovery, and I am glad that we were able to assist you and your family during a difficult time.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Had a few days here and we all loved it. (We had gorgeous weather) We did have issues with the caravan on arrival but after a quick visit to reception we were moved to a much more acceptable caravan. (They can't help if you don't tell them guys so don't complain if you don't Just saying!) From that point on we had a really good time. We ate every afternoon/evening at the on site brewers fayre style pub and kids didn't want to have dinner anywhere else. For my little sometimes fussy troupe that says a lot! Lol They loved playing on the swings etc outside while waiting. We went to the evening entertainment and they won rosettes one night. Very happy girls! Hubby and I both said it's a perfect spot for families like us. Also perfect base to explore the island from.

Stayed: June 2014
Park R, General Manager at Thorness Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It’s so pleasing to hear that you had such a great time and any issues were dealt with quickly and efficiently. You rightly mention that if people do encounter any issues whilst here, if we are notified then we do try our utmost to resolve them as promptly as possible.

It’s nice to know that you found all of our facilities to be suitable for your family’s needs, especially the location of the restaurant overlooking the park which enables you to relax and the children to enjoy a little bit of freedom under your watchful eye.

I will pass your kind comments on to the relevant departments. Thank you once again, and we look forward to welcoming you all back in the future.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Excellent holidays deserve excellent TripAdvisor posts, so that people know how special places really are. Thorness Bay is such a place. We spent a long weekend here, in the beautiful Isle of Wight, at the end of May. From the very minute we arrived I was beyond impressed. The park itself was clean and welcoming, with amazing views stretching across the bay. The caravan we stayed in (3 bedrooms) was clean and spacious, with everything we would need for our stay.

For me, however, the most merit must go to staff at Thorness Bay, who were endlessly welcoming and friendly, especially Terry and his amazing group of 'Team Stars'. Genuinely, the entertainment they put on, not just in the evening, but throughout the day, was first class. They have energy, enthusiasm and talent in abundance and you can tell all of them love their jobs- it really does shine through.

I would recommend anyone to go and stay at Thorness Bay, an excellent holiday, only made better by the excellent team of staff working there. I will be back x

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Park R, General Manager at Thorness Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Thorness Bay is indeed a beautiful site, and we are lucky to be surrounded by such wonderful views. We work very hard in keeping park standards at their best, and this all helps to keep Thorness Bay as a clean and inviting environment in which to have the perfect break.

Our Entertainments team, headed by Terry, are very talented and great with our guests. I’m so glad that you experienced this, it’s hard not to notice how talented and hardworking they all are.

Thank you for the recommendation and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

01983 523 109

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cowes
The Fountain Inn
Whitecliff Bay Holiday Park
Rookley Country Park
Rookley Country Park
#2 of 2 in Rookley

Been to Thorness Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!