“A lovely winter retreat”

Albert Cottage Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Cowes
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I stayed here for five nights with my partner. The room was lovely - large but cosy, with huge bathroom.
Everything was scrupulously clean, and we received a fresh supply of large fluffy towels daily.
The bathroom had a shower, easily big enough for two, and a bath, with the most fantastic water pressure I have ever found in a hotel. The shower temperature, however, had a range that varied between hot and very hot, so in summer it may not be so pleasant.
A couple of small niggles with the room itself were that no iron/board or bar fridge were supplied. An iron and board were delivered promptly on request, incuding a very hi-tech iron which made the chore very easy. For our relatively long stay a small fridge would have been a bonus. I visited the local Waitrose for picnic-lunch items, rather than splurge on lunch out every day, and wasn't able to keep anything fresh for longer than a couple of days. I wasn't able to buy beer or white wine with no way to chill it, but suspect that a solution would have been found by staff had I asked.
The staff made us both feel very welcome, and looked after our every request promptly and with a smile, so overall a very pleasant stay and hope to return. The points above are really nit-picking and did not detract from my enjoyment of the stay.
Visitors should bear in mind that apart from Osbourne House (not open on weekdays during winter), there isn't a whole lot to do in Cowes, however Ryde and Newport are nearby for shopping and more choices of dining, and Portsmouth can be easily reached (20 mins by catamaran from Ryde) for a day out visiting the historical ships.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 January 2012

Had a great 2 night stay last week at this lovely hotel,food excellent.Very friendly and helpful staff, great location and the rooms are of a high standard,very plush.Would highly recommend for a stay on the Isle of Wight.

Room Tip: Room1 for real luxury but all rooms of a good standard.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I stayed here for a week whilst on business........this is a fantastic hotel. The room was very large and even had a leather sofa by the TV so I wasnt just sat on the bed all the time (I have stayed in more expensive hotels and the rooms were no where near as grand as the one I had), the bathroom as well was very spacious.........the food was very tasty (do nott expect big portions). The staff were helpful and friendly and could not do enough. I will be bringing the wife here in high season as when I was there Cowes was dead at night and not much to do.

Considering I was here for a week by myself I did not feel boxed in due to the size of the room and grounds so I would imagine a nights stay would be fantastic.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 September 2011

We have not yet stayed at the hotel for a holiday but we have dined in the restaurant here twice. Once part of the Osborne House estate this delightful hotel is open to non residents for lunch and dinner. The food here is beautifully prepared, cooked and presented. The staff were attentive without being invasive and the menu is reasonably priced at around £25 per head for three courses/dinner. We shall definitely be returning -hopefully for an overnight stay next time!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Stayed for only one night in room 7 . What a lovely room ,lovely bed, lovely decor, want to go back ! We also had Sunday lunch, 10/10 had a job to walk after ! Just had to eat everything put in front of us ,very high standard . This Hotel is very near to Osborne House, and is the former home of Queen Victoria`s daughter Princess Beatrice.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Myself and my bride Laura got married at Albert Cottage in July 2011. We chose to have exclusive use of the hotel for 24 hours for family and friends. The price for the wedding overall was very competitive especially when you consider that this is a beautiful setting with lovely grounds and great rooms facilities and food.

We had an amazing time, the staff were excellent, Manager Richard and our personal contact Kat, did everything to make our day smooth. We loved how we didn't have to worry about anything at all on the day as all of the key elements from the ceremony to the toasts to the cutting of the cake and the evening buffet were all co-ordinated by the hotel team.

So, to summarise, the service was perfect, the rooms are amazing (with each having it's own character), the location near the ferry port from Southampton and Osborne House was spot on and the food is top notch. We could not have asked for more and we would recommend Albert Cottage to anyone. It's perfect for a meal, a weekend stay or a wedding!!!

Thanks to everyone at the hotel for making our day perfect. We'll always remember you!

Patrick & Laura

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Patrick L
Reviewed 20 August 2011

this was our wedding venue for 2009 and its lovely. all in all great service, perfect location..

I am also a photographer so have shot alot of weddings here also.. a great choice.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Weddingfolio
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cowes
North House
Villa Rothsay Hotel
Villa Rothsay Hotel
#4 of 5 in Cowes
Lakeside Park Hotel & Spa

Been to Albert Cottage Hotel? Share your experiences!