“Highly recommended”

Ranked #2 of 29 Cowes B&B and Inns
Winterthur
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I had an excellent stay at the One Fifty in Cowes. The room was very nice, and the family extremely friendly. They really take care of the details in service and you still feel home. I will definitely go back there!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2012

My partner and I spent one night at One Fifty Cowes and cannot rate it highly enough. Paula was a fabulous host - offering tea (and a cheeky chocolate bar) on arrival and was never too far away for friendly advice on what to do and see on the island.
We had a twin room at the top of the house with views to the garden - the decor is clean and stylish and the bathroom had an excellent shower.
The breakfast was lovely, with an array of cereals, fresh fruit and yoghurt followed by an impressive menu to choose from.
Excellent value for money - I would highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Tanworth-in-Arden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2012

This is everything and more I want from a B&B. The excellent website is a true reflection of the accommodation which is cool, clean and fresh as is the hostess Paula who is very professional, but also friendly and welcoming too. Our room (Culver) was perfectly equipped with a very comfy bed, sea view (just about) and delightful unexpected extras such as fresh fruit and flowers, chocolates - and not just one each, a couple on view and then more hidden in ....... ahh - I can't spoil the surprise! You need to discover them for yourself!

Breakfast was perfect again, lots of fresh fruit, cereals and an elegant menu of cooked using locally sourced ingredients where possible.

A delightful stay, highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reading
Reviewed 15 August 2012

The hosts have it right - very well organised accomodation and super food. The big plus is the friendly help and advice. Thyey also took great care of our bikes. Not cheap - but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2012

My husband and I plus our 6 year old stayed at one fifty for two nights in August. As others have said Paula was the perfect host. Nothing was too much trouble. Fresh tea or coffee whenever you wanted it and a naughty biscuit or chocolate on the side : )) We were in a lovely bright sunny room, only comment I would make is I would have perhaps preferred some thicker curtains or a blind in the room as it was very light in the evening and very early morning. Other than that it was perfect. We had a fabulous stay and would definitely recommend 150. Thanks Paula

• Stayed August 2012
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 1 August 2012

We (2 adults and our 2 year old son)stayed at 150 for 2 nights in July 2012 and from the start, Paula was the perfect host. I booked way in advance and was in touch with her via email and her replies were always prompt, warm and detailed. I got a very positive vibe off Paula even during our exchanges and meeting her in person only confirmed what a lovely hostess she is.

Nothing was a bother and we were comfortable asking her for whatever we needed, we were made to feel at home. If we needed tea or wine glasses, Paula would send up a tray, we were allowed to iron our clothes in their family's private quarters and she very kindly made taxi arrangements for us as well.

150 is a beautiful home and so well-cared for that you can't help but be impressed with how spotless everything is. The conservatory for breakfast is a lovely little nook and we enjoyed our plentiful breakfasts there (cereal, fresh fruit, full english, tea, coffee etc.). Breakfast is at your leisure, you only need to tell Paula the night before.

We stayed at the Tennyson which is 2 flights of stairs up (perhaps not for everyone) and the room suited us perfectly including the bathroom with a tub that our toddler enjoyed. The little town of Cowes is a short walk away.

If you find yourself headed to Cowes, you will not at all go wrong with 150. Lovely B&B.

Thank you Paula for your hospitality and we are sorry about the umbrella! :)

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
hove
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I come to the IOW on business now and again and was recommended Onefiftycowes. I was not disappointed with the lovely big victorian house that was beautifully decorated. Paula was a perfect host who was very welcoming and got me everything that I needed. Breakfast was lovely with full cooked options and fresh fruit, cereals and toast. The room was spacious and very comfortable with bath robes, fresh fruit, chocolate bottled water and a tea/coffee tray. I would definitely recommend this B&B to others.

Room Tip: I was in the Osborne room which didn't have a view, which didn't bother me as I was only the...