“Warm and welcoming”

Ranked #2 of 29 Cowes B&B and Inns
Horsham
“Warm and welcoming”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We had a fantastic couple of days at Paula's B&B. The accommodation was perfect and the breakfast was delicious. Great location for the centre of Cowes. Definitely stay again. Thank you Paula for your great hospitality.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Cipollaro1978

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We don't have much experience on B&B accommodations. So we've chosen this B&B because it was so high rated. I have to say, our stay with Paula at One fifty Cowes was better than all the hotels that we've vistited on the mainland!
Very nice & clean room + bathroom. Tasty breakfast in the garden and Paula is 100% devoted to her job as B&B owner. Everything was TOP! One fifty is the place to stay if you are visiting the Isle of Wight.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Reisspecialist
Rowlands Castle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed for 2 nights and was delighted and refreshed by my visit.
Paula collected me from the Redjet terminal and welcomed me to an immaculate room with my own shower and WC.
I had a very good sleep followed by delicious breakfast in the garden. Fresh berries and then toasted muffin with scrambled egg and pancetta.

The attention to detail is perfect, as even the butter at breakfast is soft enough to spread....

I will go again

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Peter C
Leeds
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We arrived late from the mainland and were greeted like family guests, and offered a choice of teas & coffees which were bought to our room on a tray. This was a most thoughtful touch after such a long day/journey. We booked both of the 1st floor rooms which were adjacent, with the first being beautifully decorated, very elegant, and very tasteful with a lovely little ensuite for the lady. Phillip stayed in the other room next door which was slightly bigger, slightly more masculine and very comfortable and had sole use of the well equipped house bathroom directly o/side. Everything was immaculately clean and Paula's little thoughtful touches like fruit teas & fresh fruit and chocs in the room made our break just perfect. Breakfast was lovely, excellent quality and we could have probably eaten a bit more in terms of hot portion sizes as the food was so good, maybe the walking built up our appetites ! Anyway, Paula, Thankyou for a wonderful time & being so accommodating - we left you certain to return for more and the 4 day break felt like 4 weeks. Many thanks, love to all the family, Wendy & Phillip.

Room Tip: If you stay in the first floor back bedroom (beautifully decorated with a lovely little ensuite, wit...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank elvishawk
Bathgate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014

On arrival we were made to feel very welcome. Offered tea and coffee which was served in the garden. Rooms were spacious and tastefully decorated. We both slept well so much so that we were unaware of a spectacular thunderstorm. Breakfast was delicious. Which was served in the garden when weather permitted. Paula is a warm friendly person whose special touches of fresh fruit in the room made arriving back from a day out all the more pleasant. Can recommend packed lunch.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank marilyn j
Marlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Where do I start? Reading these wonderful reviews lead to our booking 4 nights at onefifty, so we had high expectations! I can honestly confirm everything that has been said already and we were
not disappointed with any aspect of our stay; beautiful crisp cotton bed linen (changed throughout
our stay!) impeccably clean with every attention to detail. Paula is delightful and could not have been more welcoming or helpful - only small problem is that my husband is now expecting the same service at home! Congratulations Paula & Mark you have made your B&B an absolute gem and we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We were offered a choice of 2 rooms on the top floor. The room facing the garden is quieter although...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 102Kim
Eastleigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I stayed at One Fifty for one night, it was easy to find and I managed to park on the drive which was a bonus!

Paula welcomed me at the door, showed me around, carried my bad to my room and offered me tea / Coffee on arrival. Paula made me feel very welcome in their beautiful family home.

The room was well furnished, and was very comfortable, And very clean and tidy. The room had a sea view.

Breakfast was amazing! I had a full cooked breakfast and it was lovely and set me up for the day :-)

There is a small shop up the road from One Fifty, so if you need anything you an grab it there, if that is no good there is a co-op and a Sainsburys in the Cowes (5-10 min walk)

I went to a local pub in Cowes high street (The Anchor) awesome pub, great food with a lovely atmosphere, and well worth a visit, there are other restaurants in the town but this one is worth popping into.

I would defiantly stay at One Fifty again, and would highly recommend it to anyone!

Wayne from Southampton.