Buttercup House
US$279
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
South Lawn Hotel(Milford on Sea)
US$194
US$188
  • Restaurant
US$300
US$258
Passford House(Lymington)
US$223
  • Breakfast included
Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa(New Milton)
US$1,012
Premier Inn Christchurch Highcliffe(Highcliffe)(Great Value!)
US$133
PremierInn.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Free Internet
TripAdvisor
All reviewshomemade breadb btea making facilitiessmoked salmonon arrivalperfect hostskippersrobfridgeiowbreakfasttvbedroomcomfortmilksite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed here after Bestival for some much needed quiet time. On arrival we were greeted and shown our rooms and they were immaculate. They had an incredibly cosy feel with their own separate living area. There were even wine glasses and a bottle opener provided which was a nice touch. The fridge was also very handy. Very peaceful at night with comfortable beds.

The breakfast was superb with a great selection to choose from. As a B&B in itself there are no negatives to mention.

The only point I would like to raise is I think perhaps they are used to older people staying here. I know that Jacquie did in no way mean to offend us in any way but several references to how 'young' we are were made throughout breakfast. Don't get me wrong, I am nearing on 29 and am glad I look younger than I do but did find some of the comments a little patronising. For example, we chose tomato sauce over brown and were told that we would like brown sauce when we were 'adults' and that she would 'tell our mothers' that we didn't eat all our breakfast! Clearly not to be taken too seriously but I think I little work could be put into making every customer feel equal. However, it is a beautiful place to stay and we would still stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Leah T
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Lots of little extras: a small fridge, the kettle filled each day, a jug of cold water in the fridge, a corkscrew, use of a microwave if we wanted it and free WiFi; excellent food; spacious, very friendly and helpful but most of all the most comfortable bed ever!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

Buttercup House is a beautiful house perfectly situated down a quiet road in Freshwater 5 minutes from the beach and shops. I have stayed here four times now, each time in a different room which all have been pristinely clean with a fridge and tea making facilities. There is also a microwave in the hall which you are welcome to use if you don't wish to eat out. Jackie and Rob the hosts, are a lovely friendly couple who have always been happy to chat and suggests interesting things to do on the island. Breakfast is second to none! Home made bread and jam!!! Eggs perfectly cooked with local sausages and bacon!! Lovely strong coffee too. Excellent value for money, and always a pleasure, which is why I always return.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We booked at short notice and I would have been a bit worried having read some of the reviews. Our room with a separate sitting room was spotless and I wish we had spent more than one night to take full advantage of the little extras. We did arrive later than the requested time as we were on our bikes and wanted to have supper early to save having to get back on our bikes. We rang to check and our hosts seemed quite happy.
I do agree that Jacquie can come across as a bit strict at first but she is actually really friendly, has a nice sense of humour and served up an excellent breakfast.. The bread was delicious! Rob was really friendly and helpful with our bikes . He brought in ? Oscar their African tortoise to show us which made my day !
Being honest it seems a shame Jacquie and Rob feel they need to have a list rules and regulations listed in the booklet. Maybe they have had to do it due to the behaviour of guests . Hope we weren't troublesome"! Hope to come back if you'll have us one day.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Stayed at Buttercup House a couple of nights ago. Fourth of five nights on our tandem cycling tour of New Forest and IOW. Best accommodation of our trip - gorgeous house in every respect (only our shower not quite the best of the trip) with beautiful bedroom and our own sitting room with TV etc. The corkscrew and wine glasses are a nice touch that had us heading for the alcohol in Sainsbury's.
The whole place runs like clockwork. Nice helpful hosts in Jacqui and Rob. Some where safe to store our tandem. Excellent breakfast.
Much better than hotel costing twice as much. Loved it.

Room Tip: Go for room four or ask for similar.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple