“Tiny, friendly, great view. Everything fresh”
Review of Captain's Cabin

Captain's Cabin
Ranked #5 of 20 Restaurants in Freshwater
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 10 May 2013 via mobile

Step into this small bistro with only 5 tables. Don't expect a large choice, but that's the consequence of good food freshly made. We had a very nice soup, which gave us strength to continue along the coastal path. Very friendly athmosphere and great view at Hurst castle. Don't know how it is during holiday season, but in May, it was great.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

I have had a couple of meal's at this lovely friendly restaurant, the staff are very helpful and you are always greeted with a happy hello and a big smile.
the cakes are second to none.
and the big breakfast is fantastic. its always full of islanders and holiday makers,,that alone shows how good the captains cabin is.
i will carry on eatting there till it close's again for winter

Reviewed 23 April 2013 via mobile

This is a lovely little gem of a place that serves really great home cooked food at great prices. The staff are very friendly and it's a breath of fresh air. If I lived on the island I'd eat here all the time!

Reviewed 19 October 2012

Called in for a full English on the day we arrived on the Island and it was fab, the same was true for our last day. Lovely sausage and bacon, thick wedges of crusty bread and black pudding if you wanted it. Great value too!
Their ice creams are also particularly delicious!

A great beach side amenity for Colwell.

Reviewed 23 September 2012 via mobile

Wow! To be fair I only tried this because the lovely barefoot on the beach had ceased making breakfast 48 seconds earlier and I needed to eat breakfast!

How bad can it be? I thought (bearing in mind it looks a little cheapie seaside caff).

Help me into my hair shirt... The staff here were delightful and the food absolutely perfect! Lovely poached eggs on thick local bread, or herby butchers sausages and egg in a thick sandwich with salad unasked for.

They do lunches, crab specials, I even saw them do a jam sandwich for a young customer. That's how you get a Michelin star I guess ...
Seats inside and out with an unbeatable sea view. Perfect holidaymaker and local spot for lunch. Hurry up it shuts for the winter.

Thanks girls. See you in march.