We had a late season short break in Farringford. The accommodation is clean and well equipped (we stayed in a "standard" emily cottage). The welcome pack was very generous (milk, eggs, bacon, bread, butter, marmalade and cornflakes). Location is fantastic with direct access to walks on the high downs to the Needles and Alum Bay, plus the coastal path. An real (an unexpected) gem is the on-site restaurant. Don't assume anything from the exterior!! This was the best food and best service we had on the island - excellent wines too - and very rare in West Wight. If you stay at Farringford, it's definitely a must. Would definitely recommend it as a base for seeing the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our luxurious self-catering cottages are the ideal holiday destination, and the perfect base from which to enjoy and explore the beautiful Isle of Wight. Equipped with every comfort from home all of our cottages are available to let throughout the year. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Farringford Self Catering Holiday Village Hotel Freshwater
- Farringford Hotel Freshwater
- Farringford Self Catering Holiday Cottages Freshwater, Isle Of Wight