“What a lovely place - a hidden gem!”
Review of Dandelion Cafe

Dandelion Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
LUTON, BEDFORDSHIRE
“What a lovely place - a hidden gem!”
Reviewed 30 September 2011

I visited here whilst on a cycling holiday around the Isle of Wight. We stopped here for lunch because there weren't many other options in the town - and it looked like it had a nice view of the sea! The setting was lovely - the cafe is actually part of a hotel which has it's own pool and immaculate gardens. We reviewed the menu and as I wanted something quite light but am wheat and dairy intolerant, I asked if I could have a salad instead of a sandwich. Immediately the member of staff told me they had wheat free bread and they would just check to make sure they had some. We were then served by another member of staff who again was very helpful and answered my picky questions such as was the bacon grilled rather than fried? (it's grilled!). Order placed, we relaxed on the terrace. When the food arrived, the "salad garnish" was probably better than some salads I've been served and the BLT was quite possibly the nicest BLT I have ever eaten! Maybe it was the sea air, maybe it was the hefty cycle ride we'd just done - but it was delicious! And they gave me 2 sandwiches because the wheat -free bread is so small - what a lovely touch. The service was great - they brought water to us - and the staff were all genuine and friendly. I would have no hesitation in reccomending this cafe - and if I were to visit again, I wouldn't eat anywhere else. Thank you for making a wheat and dairy intolerant person's day!!

• Visited August 2011