“Paddle boarding Fun”

Isle of Wight Adventure Activities
Ranked #5 of 10 things to do in Freshwater
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We love outdoor sports that get the adrenaline pumping... and we want to show you why! Our unforgettable Adventures are based across the Isle of Wight, utilising the stunning beaches, wooded hill-sides, exposed downs, iconic cliff lines and more! Join us for an Adventure and see a whole new side of our Adventure Island! Ready For Some Adventure? Kayaking, Coasteering, Mountain Boarding, Archery, Paddleboarding, Zorbing and Rock Climbing. Check out our website for all the latest information and to book the best outdoor Adventure Activities available on the Isle of Wight!
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Paddle boarding Fun”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

My kids were booked on a surfing lesson but with no surf on the day they opted for paddle boarding instead which was just fantastic with Owen. He was very supportive and made the whole experience very exciting through his passionate encouragement. My son was hooked and went on to have another paddle boarding session - again great fun!
I found the whole team at IOW AA extremely helpful and friendly. We booked 3 sessions including kyaking and all were great value for money, exciting but within a very defined perimeter of safety.
Well worth a visit.

Visited August 2013

London, United Kingdom
“A fun experience”
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

I was surprised with a trip to the Isle of Wight which involved a 2 hour kayaking session.
I'm not a great lover of boats or the sea so was quite daunted at the idea.
We arrived early, which was good as the place was a little difficult to find even with a Tom Tom !
We were greeted at the reception and given lots of info in advance about the route we would be taking due to good weather.
We changed into the wet suits & life jackets provided, and were driven to the beach ( a group of 8 of us in total with 2 instructors)
Briefed on how to use the paddle to steer and what direction we would be going in, we jumped straight in and got on with it.
To cut a long story short I was absolutely rubbish at kayaking, this takes a great deal of upper body strength, you will definitely work those muscles, and it's crucial to listen to how to hold the paddle and manoeuvre around or you will end up hitting your hands against the kayak which hurts!.. A lot !
I was helped loads along the way (even towed by an instructor at one point) so don't be put off if your also a novice, the instructors were fantastic and didn't once make me feel like a nuisance, as long as your up for trying something new, this will be an experience, watch out if you stop for a bit of sight seeing on the rocks, they can be very slippery!
Over all a fun experience, albeit very tiring. Be prepared!

Visited May 2013
Totland Bay, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Highly recommended!”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We booked a Sea Kayaking adventure for our daughter and a group of her friends for her birthday. We were really impressed and the girls had a wonderful time. There was efficient online booking and everything very well organised. The instructors were friendly and helpful and the kayaking sounded like an amazing experience for all the girls, they were exploring caves, surfing waves and playing games on the kayaks. They absolutely loved it and I would totally recommend it as a great activity for teenagers. I might even try it myself next time!

Midlands, UK
“Excellent experience”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We were really well taken-care of right from the booking process to all of the activities. The instructors were all very helpful, kind, patient, supportive and fun! My two 9yr olds and I tried sea-kayaking, mountain boarding and archery and we thoroughly enjoyed everything we experienced. Thank you so much - we will definitely book again next time we're on the I of W.

London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Top Marks!”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Top marks to Tom and Kai (sorry if I spelt that wrong!) for a brilliant afternoon's sup boarding for 2 mums and 5 children. Helped by the sunshine, calm water, and excellent tuition, we all learned the basics quickly and enjoyed a couple of hours on the water, kept well entertained by Tom's backward flips! Great value. We loved it - book now!!