“Brilliant day!”
Review of Hill Farm Stables

Hill Farm Stables
Ranked #2 of 12 things to do in Freshwater
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Have visited Hill Farm Riding Stables over the Easter holiday for a family ride with my husband and two chidren aged 16 and 11. It was the best day we had over the whole Easter break. Horses and ponies all very well looked after and chosen for us when we arrived. Owner who was a lovely lady had a good chat with us to go over out diffewrent abilaties. The ride was lead by the owners daughter who was a really happy chatty person who gave us a wonerfull comentry on the local area as we rode. We were also acompanied by very experienced stable staff who chatted to my children throught the ride and really put them at ease. The ride was for over an hour and a half but none of us wanted it to end. The horses and ponies genuinely seemed to enjoy themselves as much as us and as soon as we returned and photos had been taken were washed, rugged and put back in their imaculate stables in seconds. It really was a joy to experience such a well run family stables and meet the obviously loved and cared for horses and ponies. We all can't wait to return.

All reviews
"great lesson"
"every week"
"amazing family"

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Went on a holiday to the isle of white this easter break and went with three family members all fairly experienced for a hack at hill farm riding school, i rode there 16, 2" hands dutch warmblood, he was impecably schooled and rode like a dream all three of my family members had excelent horses and were thrilled with the experience. The one hour and thirty minute hack took us right across the vally and up onto the downs on the opposite side. We managed to get more than ten fast canters in and all felt very well looked after. There were amazing views and the locals all stopped to say hello showing the stables and saff obviously have a greate reputaion in the area. Having ridden since the age of five and at over thirty stables i would give this family run yard a five star rating and have never enjoyed a ride so much and encourage others to go and have an amazing experience!!!

1  Thank Bryony S
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Booked my daughter a pony ride, wish I'd never picked up the phone! As she's just coming up to three, she's too young for a proper lesson but we usually pay £10 for half an hour on a lead reign - I assumed the pony ride would be a similar experience. What a massive mistake! Not only were we asked for 'the cash' three times before my daughter even got on the pony, we received no help fitting a hat, no back protection - all a basic safety standard I would have thought. Having been made to feel a bit of an inconvenience we set off, only to return....8 minutes later! That works out as £1.25 per minute! Oh, but we were offered the opportunity to capture the moment on camera at the end. My daughter cried all the way home - I don't blame her. Alarm bells should have rung when booking as I wasn't asked about her age or experience - wouldn't that have been useful to determine suitability of the activity? If you're interested in a safe, professional and welcoming experience - not to mention value for money - find somewhere else!

13  Thank Liz S