All reviews freshwater bay sea view swimming pool and jacuzzi course meal sound of the waves superb location breakfast and dinner restaurant staff bath and shower birthday treat enormous bathroom public rooms big room couple of nights isle of wight changing rooms fantastic views
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

The location of the hotel right next to the sea is amazing.
The hotel is generally clean but rather shabby and very dated. The whole place needs investment. It has the feeling of being run on a shoe string with corners being cut .
The rooms are quite spacious. There is plenty of hot water .
The beds are old, uncomfortable, with stains.
The pillows are old lumpy and dirty
The bedding is a relic from the 1980's . Faded pattern made from polyester .
The hospitality tray was the bare minimum to be acceptable .
It is a real shame as a hotel in this location could be fabulous .
Food was average at best .
Service ranged from very good to rude and disinterested during our stay

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank SidBarras
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

We go here at least once a year. Love it. Clean and tidy. Rooms lovely size. Bathrooms great. Bath and shower. Tea and Coffee making facilities. Food very good. Nice choice each night. Plenty on the plates. Nice portions. Breakfast lovely. Want more. Just ask. Dan and Harry great chefs. Ann-Marie is fantastic on reception. So helpful. Only complaint is the car park. Very rough and uneven. And also trying to get a drink in the bar. Not always staff to hand. But not usually a problem. Just go to reception. Will defiantly be visiting again. Thanks to Kelly and Tori too. Look forward to seeing you next year.
Trace and co. X

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank pinklady6335
Reviewed 9 October 2017

I called in for a much needed drink after walking the coast path from Yarmouth. The bar was devoid of customers, apart from me of course. The barman could have seized the opportunity to relieve his boredom by engaging me in friendly conversation, but clearly decided not to.

Choices of beers were very limited with no real ales which would be my usual tipple. They had Fosters on draught which I like but only with a couple of slices of lime, as it counts as one of my 5 a day!! I asked the bar tender if he had any fresh lime and he said that he had lime but it might not be fresh. That might have been quite amusing, if he had been joking.

I decided to look the other way while the lime was being sliced as what the eye doesn't see and all that. Either way, after walking 12 miles up hill and down dale I would have happily downed pretty much anything in liquid form. It can't have been that bad as I managed to force down a couple more after that.

It was a wild, wet, windy day and it was pleasant to sit with my beer and watch the huge waves crashing onto the shore. The hotel is in an ideal location and it seems like such a pity that everything looks a little dated and that things have been allowed to slip. Some fellow walkers who were staying at The Albion said that it felt like everything was being done on a very strict money saving budget and that the room lacked even the basics. Such a shame.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Tricky_Dicky69
Reviewed 27 September 2017

You can't say it's a really bad hotel, it's just seriously weird. Check in was like a list of health and safety warnings and I even thought we were being filmed for Candid Camera. Very smiley chap but he was no help whatsoever in arranging taxis when requested.

On our first night we returned to the hotel at 10.35 and went to the bar. There was one lone drinker with a freshly poured pint. The barman was apparently in reception so we went to find him. He didn't come out of his office when we asked if we could have a drink in the bar, he just shouted out "NO". Hilarious but not helpful.

The second night we returned later, at 11.30. We asked the guy at reception what the chances were of getting a drink. "MINUS 10" was his classic response.

Room was a good size and clean, bathroom likewise.

Breakfast was good, service a little staccato.

This hotel attracts a strange mix of guests. It definitely felt like Fawlty Towers's dining room.

I'll not be back...

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Frequentflyer42
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Yes stunning location and very handy for what I wanted. Food was simple but actually good value for money.
Had no staff though and I couldn't check out as no one pay the bill to?
The hotel was a little tired after the season but I found it to be please try enough.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business