“Consistently excellent”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014

everything is great; location, décor, service and most important the food. Also a good price for what's on offer. Always a good choice of specials.

1  Thank AndyRyde
There are newer reviews for Michelangelo

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We have eaten at Michelangelo's several times, and have never been disappointed. The genuine Italian food is always fresh and delicious, the portions are generous, and the menu interesting and varied. The staff are efficient and friendly and will happily advise on choices, ingredients, wines, etc. We also pop in for coffee and cakes sometimes, and the little cakes are absolutely delicious, though not good for the waistline!! You can also buy lots of Italian ingredients, should you be brave enough to try some Italian cooking at home. The atmosphere is bustling and friendly. Michelangelo's is one of our favourite places, and I would recommend it to everyone. Michelangelo's is on the seafront in Ryde, and it is pleasant to sit and watch the world go by while eating lovely food.

2  Thank Sandra P
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Perfectly situated, great service and authentic food. There was a wide selection of Italian dishes and some had very interesting twists. The staff were very accommodating and keen to share their passion of Italian food. I feel this restaurant is the gem of Ryde.

1  Thank BP90
Reviewed 26 May 2014

A great atmosphere with wonderful staff, this Italian restaurant on the front at Ryde is a great place for dinner.

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

We ate at Michelangelo a few years ago and thought the food was fantastic! I had a pizza and I remember fondly telling my husband how tasty and authentic it had been. So when we booked a table for our recent visit (advisable, as they are always fully booked) I was really looking forward to our food.

We both ordered fungi pizza (but added olives as well) and I must say, I was underwhelmed. Don't know whether this was down to ingredients or the way it was made this time round, but it was quite bland and average at best. It was nothing like I remember it, which is a great shame.

It was OK overall though and we both finished our pizzas. But if we visit Ryde again, I don't think we will rush back to Michelangelo. If we do, we will most likely order something else off the menu.