Appley Manor Hotel
Yelf's Hotel(Ryde)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$107
Royal Esplanade Hotel(Ryde)(Great Value!)
US$144
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
Travelodge
Rowborough Hotel(Shanklin)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsroast turkeyisle of wightapple piespecials boardcurry nightchristmas lunchgood quality foodgood sizepuddingplenty of parkingmain coursestayed here for nightswaiting staffsea viewmealmenuisland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2011

We stayed for 3 nights 29th July. My Son and his wife with their young baby (they provided travel cot free of charge). It was their first holiday with their new baby , and it was a lovely place with nice rooms. Its a lovely hotel for the UK and rooms where spotless and very modern with tea and coffee facilities. Restaurant downstairs open to the public and was full which says something. Wedding reception was also their with the lovely grounds it has. I could not fault this hotel and would recommend highly. Prices are very good as well. Enjoy your stay we certainly did.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 February 2011

I can see exactly why it was downgraded. At current I am staying with my parents, girlfriend and my brother.
My parents and brother got the family room while me and girlfriend stuck in a double room so I can tell you about both. The family room is grand for size however it has problems such as the TV doesn't work and there is no double glasing with one of the windows sporting a nice crack.
Now I come to the double room. My God talk about small. There is barely enough room for the bed. The room was clean I'll give them that but the thing that got me the most was that the window was broken to the extent that I had to tie it with the curtains to keep it closed. This only discovered after their help desk had closed so no option but to live with it. The phone bill is 30p a minute which isn't very well advertised and there is a beautiful view from our window of the pub's roof.

Old fashioned bathroom with a bath and shower although ventilation fan quite loud.
The television had limited channels and is not on the wall facing the bed but on one side making it difficult to watch the television comfortably

In conclusion, if you are a family and are lucky enough to get a family room, you will enjoy it. If you are a small couple and get bunged in the small rooms. You will not.
Prices start at £52 for a single room
£62 for the room that I was in
And £66 for the family room.

If you are looking for an enjoyable stay in a nerely luxurious room you might as well pay the extra 4 pound.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 3 October 2010

We stayed 2 nights while visiting the island with vintage cars.Excellent location with views over the Solent. Large rooms with all required facilities and perfectly clean. All staff very friendly and helpful. Great breakfast, and good evening meals in the attatched pub. Very quiet overnight. Will be back next year.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 September 2010

Staff are very friendly, although Reception is not staffed in the evenings and you have to check-in via the pub/restaurant. The family room which I had booked as a twin was massive, and was probably the largest hotel bedroom that I have ever had. The bed was adequate - reasonably comfortable, good range of furnishes, lovely views over the solent.

This was obviously a very grand house in its Victorian hey-day. It later became a Boys School prior to becoming a hotel. The food was very nice, but the restuarant is very much pub-orientated. You have to order your food at a counter, then bought to your table. Very much Pub grub, but very nice, well cooked and good value all the same.

Just one word of caution, I found out that it use to be ratedby the AA at 3-star, and has now been downgraded to 2-star. Not sure of the reason for this?

I would definately stay here again on my next visit to the Isle of Wight.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 July 2010

Have stayed here a few times in the past and had the family room. Huge! The hotels rooms are beautiful, a little faded maybe but would have been grand in their day. Nevertheless good value for money and staff friendly and welcoming. The restaurant next door good too with an extensive blackboard choice. I live 5 mins away now and use this place on a regular basis winter and summer. It's not far from the seafront at Ryde and worth the excursion from the seafront and high street if you want value for money.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple