“Disappointed”
Review of Harbour Deli

Harbour Deli
Ranked #81 of 105 Restaurants in Ryde
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

What a shame. This looks suck a happy, sunny little cafe and with an attractive menu. We ordered 2 crab salads which didn’t arrive. After waiting 30 minutes, I asked where our order was and was told they were short staffed and ours was just coming. After 40 minutes, I asked again and was told that our order had been accidentally given to another table and was just coming. We had lots of mouthed ‘It’s on its way’ and, to their credit, offered us complimentary drinks, until, after ONE HOUR waiting, I said to the man ‘Can you tell me our order is going to be on the table right NOW? Because if not, refund us and we’re leaving’, and it appeared. How long does it take to make a crab salad??? I wouldn’t have minded so much but it was an indifferent crab salad with not a lot of crab! Whilst we were waiting, we heard a number of excuses given to clients - ‘We’ve run out’, ‘The chef’s had a day off’ etc - and no one seemed to know what they were doing until it got to the point that they were wandering out with orders and shouting them and hoping the right person claimed them. To top it all, whoever was working the kitchen was heard telling another member of staff to ‘F*** off’. It put such a downer on the day that we decided to leave Ryde and go back to Sandown so well done, Harbour Deli. You’re actually sending people away from the town. Get your act together.

1  Thank Jill M

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Love this little cafe by the harbour , coffee was great , we enjoyed the chicken , chorizo ciabatta, with a nice little salad on the side and I love the way they cook their chips , came well presented and very tasty .We received a warm and friendly greeting from all the staff , super place to sit in the sun and watch the world go by .

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Absolutely love the Harbour Deli. Delicious food. Great location. Can’t wait to go back again once it warms up.

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Ordered lunch for the six of us; a selection of drinks, sandwiches, crab and chips.

Everything was well presented and very tasty.

The waiter had a slight mishap with the crab and chips and some of the chips were spilt on the table. But accidents happen and within a minute they were all cleared up and a fresh (and much larger) portion of chips was brought to the table for all of us to share - what more can you ask for?

Definitely a good place for lunch by the sea.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Visited here today and watched a member of staff pretend to urinate in my daughters drink while filling it ! The food was mediocre and overpriced .the staff were rude about the customers and facetious.I sat and listened to the rude comments . I will never return here

4  Thank hugow48