“Good for families”

Ponda Rosa
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Our 2 children enjoyed the outdoor play area. The food was average, we all had the carvery. Staff very friendly and helpful. Good value but don't expect gourmet!!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

My mother and I called here for Sunday lunch but were very disappointed. The biggest complaint was that the plates were cold and consequently the food, which was not particularly hot when served, was virtually cold before we were halfway through the meal. We won't be returning.

3  Thank Martin C
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I recently attended a wedding reception..app.80 guests.Food..I small plate of cakes,lots of cheese,egg and tuna sandwiches,bowl of pasta,bowl of rice,the obligatory chicken legs,barely cooked,Vol au vents and a couple of other things I could not identify.Probably cost no more than £50 and charged £500.Staff were polite but scruffy and I don't think the lady in charge could have smiled if her life depended on it.I believe these are fairly new owners but if they keep on at this rate It will soon be on the market again.Steer clear,there are many far superior places on the Island.It gives me no pleasure writing this about a place that used to be one of my favourites,and one of the best.

2  Thank 43Islander
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Was a bit hesitant about eating here,as there have been some poor reviews over the years.Saw it was under new management,so gave it a try.Was not disappointed.I had Cajun chicken from the specials board.Lovely and spicy with what I call a 'proper' salad,not a few poncey leaves smothered in oil.Hubby and son had rump steak,the chips were good,same as the salad.Three meals with 2 coffees,came to £33,not at all bad.The only downside is that the whole area looks tired and dated,the tables looked a bit worse for wear as well.Still,early days for new owners,see what they do.

2  Thank Cherry R
Reviewed 26 April 2014

went here for lunch while on a short break to the isle if wight found staff friendly and food good value.