“Wonderful fresh food”
Review of The White Hart

The White Hart
Ranked #4 of 85 Restaurants in Ryde
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ryde, United Kingdom
“Wonderful fresh food”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

A pretty pub in a lovely setting and great food. The staff, I find, are always welcoming and very accommodating. Yes, I would recommend that you book, but in The Summer there is plenty of outside tables and I visit regularly with my girlfriends for light lunches or starters, and none of us are ever disappointed. The Specials' board is amazing and very reasonable for locally sourced foods and varieties of starters and mains. The puddings are very tempting and home-made, which is unusual these days. I understand that the present owners are retiring, handing over to a new friendly couple soon, so 'Happy Retirement' and good luck to the new owners.I look forward to enjoying the excellent menu.

• Visited July 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Unwelcoming”
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

I'd called ahead to check what time lunch was served and told between 12 and 2pm. We arrived at the pub at 1.50 to be told we had to "hurry up and order in the next 2 minutes or you'll be too late". The couple that arrived after us were treated even more brusquely. Felt we were an inconvenience rather than a valued customer. Sandwich average and made with margarine.

• Visited August 2013
hertfordshire
“Absolutely perfect salad on a hot day”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

There are salads and there are White Hart Inn, Havenstreet, salads, which are out of this world.

We stopped in here just after leaving the Isle of Wight Railway centre (3 minutes away by car) and we didn't regret it. I had the Crab Salad and can honestly say that it was one of the best salads I've tasted. It was served on a plate in the shape of a fish and the presentation had every indication that the chef who prepared it cared not just about the food itself but how it would entice the perspective diner to partake of an enjoyable feast.

This is a must, but the Inn does get busy so it may be beneficial to book.

I also enjoyed all the paintings around the Inn of the old railways stations that use to exist on the Isle of Wight - a must for railway fans.

• Visited July 2013
Nottingham
“Top notch!”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We holiday in the Isle of Wight annually and we always eat a meal at this charming and friendly pub. When we arrived last evening the landlord greeted us with " lovely to see you again" so friendly. An extensive menu, all served with masses of fresh vegetables. I counted 9 with my pork dish! Linen napkins, nice touch. The dessert blackboard was full of tempting puds, we shared one between us. No fuss made when we asked for one pudding and 2 spoons. A very good place to go to, we have already booked to go for our last supper here!

• Visited June 2013
Somerset, United Kingdom
“Another good meal”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We had a very nice Sunday lunch here at the White Hart. The meal was just right well cooked and well presented and a reasonable price. It is a popular place with locals and has a good local reputation. You need to book in particular on weekends. We chose the roast and this gave three choices of meat . The board had a good selection of meals and also a selection of more pub type meals is available.

• Visited June 2013