“Lip Licking Libertys”

Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Lip Licking Libertys”
Reviewed 20 July 2011

We stopped for lunch and were pleasantly surprised at the good quality of food and the interesting lunch choices. I had a very nice ciabatta sandwich which was nicely presented and the portion size was good. My partner had the soup which was very tasty. The service was prompt and we would recommend.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank MmmmBop

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Lovely place, highly recommended for lunch, dinner, or evening drinks”
Reviewed 13 October 2010

Ate a late lunch here on a recent trip to Ryde, and it was delicious! We locked out bikes to a lamppost outside and got a table where we could see them! Friendly staff, quick service, nice drinks, lovely toilets (!). Seemed good value for money too, I would have expected to pay more for the quality of food.
We also went back in the evening for after dinner drinks, and the bar was again very good and relaxing.

2 Thank hellokitty036
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food, Wonderful staff. Excellent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 15 September 2010

Me and my husband love this restaurant, it has a lovely chilled way about it. The food is just wonderful (i always find it so diffucult to choose). Staff are extremely friendly and nothing to much trouble. We highly reccomend this restaurant. You won"t be disappointed.

1 Thank fareham10
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
“I can't believe I'm the first to review this terrific place!”
Reviewed 14 September 2010

I was flabbergasted when I couldn't find Liberty's Café Bar anywhere in the listings for restaurants in Ryde. I had lunch there last year on a quick trip to the Isle of Wight and was impressed by the smart décor and nice lunch. I can't actually remember what I ate on that occasion, but I retain a memory of enjoyment.

So the place has been open long enough and, judging by the number of full tables, it must be popular, so why am I the first to post a review? I had to ask TripAdvisor to add it to the listings.

Anyway, on a slightly longer trip to Ryde recently, I was one of a group of friends who had a great dinner there, sitting upstairs in a large, stylish room, overlooking busy Union Street. My friends had starters - sharing platters of wonderful-looking seafood, dips and breads, while I stole their olives when they weren't looking. For my main meal, I had fillet of sea bream, and I can't remember when I last enjoyed a piece of fish so much. It was beautifully cooked, and balanced on a 'tiane' (whatever that is) of spinach, olives and something or another. I think I drooled when the plate arrived, but I hope nobody noticed. It was accompanied by a separate bowl of crisp, stringy chips. I devoured every mouthful.

I deliberately avoided a starter so that I could legitimately pig out on a pudding, and chose a summer fruit crumble, with ice cream. If I were going to be really, really picky, I'd rather have had a crumble topping a little more akin to a traditional crumble topping and a little less like muesli, but crunching my way through it made me feel virtuous rather than sinful, so it is not too serious a criticism. And, really, how can I complain when I ate not only mine, but my friend's as well?

Service was exemplary. Another friend also ordered the sea bream, but hers was delivered late to the table, as somebody had unfortunately dropped it in the kitchen. Oops. While the chef (angrily, I imagine) cooked another fillet, the manageress apologised profusely and offered a round of drinks on the house for keeping one of the party waiting. We did that very British thing of saying, 'no, no need, perfectly understandable' but she must have taken something off the bill instead, because it was unbelievably good value for money, given that it was the nicest meal I had eaten for months.

I really, really can't recommend Liberty's highly enough.

2 Thank PEVLondon