“Planet Ice Arena”

56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Planet Ice Arena”
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Whicked time ice skating with the family of all ages refreshments availalbe and there is a nice Disco night club above plenty of parking which has to be paid for. this is located right next to the Hoover Craft and Ryde Habour golden sandy beaches but the tide and water does go out a few miles so make sure you go when its high tide or be prepared to walk a very long way to paddle !

1 Thank Elaine R

93 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Scruffy Ice Rink”
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Visited as part of an inclusive ticket from Hoverspeed - family entrance and ferry from Portsmouth. Normal weekend price is about £4.70 each without skates and £6.70 with skates OR Family of 5 with skates for £32.50.

Found next to the Hover terminal in Ryde - Staff weren't particularly friendly and the skates were in very poor condition- after trying on my third pair I stuck with them but gave up after 10 minutes skating as I didn't want a broken ankle - they kept coming undone. Changing facilities were also limited and we ended up sitting on the floor to get the skates on. Our kids seemed to enjoy themselves but even they had to change skates a few times.

There were activities going on on the ice to music that weren't that clear to us - local kids seemed to be enjoying it although as beginners we had to stay out of the way. The assistant on the ice didn't seem too interested in assisting and members of the public seemed more helpful to those that fell.

Bar and Cafe on site. Has seen better days. If I had paid full price I would have asked for my money back.

Tip to owners - train staff , dump all the old skates, brighten it up, clarify whats happening for visitors and have a few more benches.

Visited November 2011