“Disgusting”
Review of Ryde Arena - CLOSED

Ryde Arena
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

This place is horrid. I went with my family and the ice skates were old and worn they cut in to your ankles! When my some wanted to use the toilet we discovered urine seaping out of the floor! Do they have no idea of health and safely what so ever?!

4  Thank Doggydog21

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Visit there! Its easy to say why! Go there and you will have a great day out! Lots of food is available there so why not eat there as well. Its normally quite busy during the holiday but so quiet after school or work!

2  Thank sam18-iow
Reviewed 7 April 2013

As a long time ice hockey fan I recently took a trip across the water from my home in Portsmouth to visit Planet Ice and watch the local Wightlink Raiders in their final game of the season.
They call this rink The Cube because of it's small size, but this makes the hockey extremely fast paced.
I have to give huge credit to the extremely friendly and welcoming staff and volunteers on the site too, so many of them made time to chat to my wife and I.
Of course, the fact the local team won, coupled with some cheap beer and good old-fashioned junk food (curly fries in styrofoam trays, hot dogs etc), made it all the more of a good time.
We'll be back next year. A lot!

2  Thank MattMerritt
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Canadian friends who were ice hockey mad brought us to our first ice hockey match with local team Raiders who were awesome and won 10:4 - lots of goals, one fight, & fun had by all esp by 8 kids- a really family atmosphere. Skated before but ticket includes free skating after match in evening (too late for small kids).facilities adequate but rather run down but so much fun we didn't care. Much more enjoyable to watch than football, can understand why Canadians are mad about it.

3  Thank comfy2
Reviewed 23 March 2013

One of the best places i've been to in the Isle Of Wight :D I went with 17 friends by hovercraft. We paid £10 for ice skating, and two hovercraft trips to Ryde and back to Portsmouth. I would definitely go again!