“Kids love it but I hate it!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 36 things to do in Ryde
Waterlooville, United Kingdom
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Kids love it but I hate it!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

The kids love it here and ask to go all of the time but it is Sooooo dirty, awful area for spectators and speed skating people dive between other skaters and don't get stopped by staff!

Disappointing for me but have to go back to keep the kids happy as no where else to go ice skating in the area.

2 Thank Jo C C

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Ice Skating Fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Nice rink. It was practically empty. We found the rink by chance because our hotel room wasn't ready and just happened to have our skates in the car still !!!! Ice, lockers, toilets, refreshments - you don't need much more from an ice rink really!

Visited April 2014
4 Thank Nicky C
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Disgusting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

This place is horrid. I went with my family and the ice skates were old and worn they cut in to your ankles! When my some wanted to use the toilet we discovered urine seaping out of the floor! Do they have no idea of health and safely what so ever?!

Visited September 2013
4 Thank Doggydog21
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

Visit there! Its easy to say why! Go there and you will have a great day out! Lots of food is available there so why not eat there as well. Its normally quite busy during the holiday but so quiet after school or work!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank sam18-iow
Portsmouth, UK
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Family Fun & High Speed Sport - All in One”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

As a long time ice hockey fan I recently took a trip across the water from my home in Portsmouth to visit Planet Ice and watch the local Wightlink Raiders in their final game of the season.
They call this rink The Cube because of it's small size, but this makes the hockey extremely fast paced.
I have to give huge credit to the extremely friendly and welcoming staff and volunteers on the site too, so many of them made time to chat to my wife and I.
Of course, the fact the local team won, coupled with some cheap beer and good old-fashioned junk food (curly fries in styrofoam trays, hot dogs etc), made it all the more of a good time.
We'll be back next year. A lot!

Visited March 2013