“Annual destination” 5 of 5 bubbles

The King Lud
Ranked #30 of 83 Restaurants in Ryde
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Television
Ogden, Utah
“Annual destination”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

I discovered this pub 5 years ago, on vacation from the US. I love this place, good home cooking, friendly service, good prices, great location. The young family who run it are great company. I visit every year, even if my final destination is not this island, it's just a hop skip and jump from the city of Portsmouth. I just finished my annual visit and setting the timer until I can return next year.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Debi S

Rotherham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

As I live in Yorkshire it's only once in a blue moon that I visit the Isle of Wight, but whenever I do I always find myself returning to this pub.

Although I have never had a meal at the King Lud, I have attended several live band nights and I spent my New Years eve 2013/2014 here too.

The staff are friendly and they have a vast selection of drinks. The pub is located close to the bus station which works great with Southern Vectis late night buses (Friday & Saturday nights)

If you don't enjoy your time spent at this pub, you're not doing it right because I have missed my hovercraft twice on more than one occasion due to enjoying myself too much to leave!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 14Heidi
“Quick bite to eat. Friendly staff and atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Went to the Lud one afternoon with a few friends and whilst there thought we would grab some lunch. Was a very warm and friendly atmosphere. Food came out very prompt and of good flavour. Have not been back since but fully intend to.. I've heard great things about there fish platters..

2 Thank Neil B
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“They have brilliant friendly staff and atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

I have had a great time at King Lid everytime I'be been. I can't comment on food as haven't tried any. The atmosphere is friendly & welcoming, seats are comfy, staff are also very friendly and diligent. They have great live bands & I would highly recommend people give it a try.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank BeeFrame
“Poor”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

I went into the king lud with a friend and the lady behind the bar said to me the kitchen was closed and it closed at 3pm. Next she had the cheek if we were staying for drinks I said I would have to ask my friend. My friend said no and we both left. Would not go there again.

3 Thank James S