“open mic night”

The King Lud
Ranked #32 of 83 Restaurants in Ryde
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Television
Ryde, United Kingdom
“open mic night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Nice atmosphere and pleasant staff situated facing the pier with some cask beers on sale, cheap it aint but on par for a seaside boozer.

Visited September 2013

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“My local away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Great home cooked food, varied menu with lots of local produce. Fantastic entertainment both in diversity and quality. Friendly and helpful service from people that love what they do, real part of the community promoting local charities and supporting other local small businesses. Always the place to go on my visits to the Island. Lud the Lud :D

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank zebralfc
Ogden, Utah
“Annual destination”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

I discovered this pub 5 years ago, on vacation from the US. I love this place, good home cooking, friendly service, good prices, great location. The young family who run it are great company. I visit every year, even if my final destination is not this island, it's just a hop skip and jump from the city of Portsmouth. I just finished my annual visit and setting the timer until I can return next year.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Debi S
Rotherham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

As I live in Yorkshire it's only once in a blue moon that I visit the Isle of Wight, but whenever I do I always find myself returning to this pub.

Although I have never had a meal at the King Lud, I have attended several live band nights and I spent my New Years eve 2013/2014 here too.

The staff are friendly and they have a vast selection of drinks. The pub is located close to the bus station which works great with Southern Vectis late night buses (Friday & Saturday nights)

If you don't enjoy your time spent at this pub, you're not doing it right because I have missed my hovercraft twice on more than one occasion due to enjoying myself too much to leave!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank 14Heidi
“Quick bite to eat. Friendly staff and atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Went to the Lud one afternoon with a few friends and whilst there thought we would grab some lunch. Was a very warm and friendly atmosphere. Food came out very prompt and of good flavour. Have not been back since but fully intend to.. I've heard great things about there fish platters..

2 Thank Neil B