“A welcome return”

Dining options: Breakfast
London, United Kingdom
“A welcome return”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Having been invited by friends to join them for lunch here, I was apprehensive, as although my previous visits were several years ago, I had been unimpressed. HOW THINGS CHANGE!!
The staff were very welcoming and could not have been more helpful. There is a varied menu, covering most tastes. They have a huge selection of meals on their specials board and offer smaller portions to those with less appetite. The food was fabulous. I had the simple battered haddock, with chips and peas. It was the best and tastiest piece of fish I've had for ages, and I was glad to see it was in ordinary batter.. not the Beer Battered variety all too often on the menu elsewhere these days. Although I could not manage a dessert myself, several of my friends had one, and they looked delicious. My friends had no complaints!! There is a spacious and clean seating area, with level access for those less mobile, including easily accessed disabled toilet. If there was a downside it was the car parking. They have a large car park, but apart from a few spaces close to the front door, the ground is very uneven, causing difficulty walking from the car for the less able. Although this is better than the usual gravel car parks around, which cause major problems for those with wheelchairs and wheeled walker aids. I would recommend this venue very highly. A great place to eat and close to Ryde town centre for shopping afterwards, or a lovely relaxing time on the golden sandy beach nearby.

• Visited April 2014