“Fabulous B&B.Would stay there again,Excellent”
Review of Kasbah

Kasbah
Ranked #4 of 17 Ryde B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 July 2012 via mobile

Had four night break with my daughter,the staff were very friendly,nice bedroom and bathroom was spotless,cooked breakfast was excellent.Position was ideal as close to all transport if you don't take a car plus the shops are close by.We just loved it because it was different.If I went to the Isle of Wight again I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Blossom123Devon

Reviewed 2 July 2012

I stayed here the night before going to the Isle of Wight festival and it was the perfect start to the weekend. The rooms were clean and nicely decorated, staff were very friendly and welcoming and the service was fantastic. The bar downstairs was great, and once we were in our room we couldn't hear any noise from it. The only reason I haven't given it a 5/5 is that the toilet didn't flush all that well, but it was a minor point.
Also as a side point - there is a brilliant indian restaurant across the road. On a Wednesday night we got a 3 course meal with all the sundries for £9.95!

Room Tip: We were in room 5 I think and didn't hear any noise from the bar or road, despite sleeping with...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Emily123London
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Stayed during festival. It does what it says on the tin. Great location, lively, clean, good breakfast and friendly staff. Rooms were well equipped and comfortable. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank hayleyc64
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Just stayed here with my girlfriend and had an amazing time at the hotel. The place is really well placed just near the pier, restaurants and bars. The staff are really friendly and made us feel really welcome from the second we got there. I would definitely recommend and visit this place! They have a great bar too! Vimel & Bina

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Vimel123
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Firstly, we really liked Kasbah - our room (on the top floor) was spacious and tastefully decorated in a quasi north African style, with an en-suite bathroom that was almost brand new. Our breakfast the following morning was a standard B+B full cooked affair, with cereal, coffee and toast. Staff were friendly, pleasant and welcoming throughout. However, Kasbah is also a very popular bar, open until 2am at the weekends - it is also at the lower end of Union Street where there are a number of other popular late night establishments. Therefore it is often noisy, especially at the weekends. So, if you are planning to be out late, enjoying the Ryde nightlife, then you'll love it - if you are planning on a quiet break and looking forward to a few early nights, then we'd suggest that you consider something else.

Room Tip: Go for a room on the top floor if you can as these are (slightly) quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ian N
Reviewed 11 April 2012

The staff are pleasant. Location is great, just up from the esplanade in Ryde.
Do take ear plugs as the pub is noisy from about 11:00 to 1:30-2:00pm. But we expected that reading past reviews, so were well prepared!
The breakfast is wonderful value for money.
The bus stop is very close and offers routes all over the island.

Room Tip: We stayed in the family room, which is on the first floor. If you want a quieter sleep ask for the t...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kiwi_Andrea79
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I have never written a review before but I just want to make it clear to other people how loud it is in the first floor rooms. The website does state ''You may experience some degree of noise in first floor rooms''- but this is a huge understatement!
I have stayed in noisy hostels and dorms before, so thought I knew what to expect, but my previous experiences were nothing compared to the awful night we had. We were tired after a busy day so wanted to relax and watch TV in our room instead of going to the bar. At 10pm the music downstairs got turned up so loudly I couldn't hear the TV! I tried to sleep but even with earplugs there was no escaping the music. It was actually like trying to sleep in the corner of a nightclub!
To top it off some drunk person down in the bar set the fire alarm off at 2am! We rushed downstairs worried there was a fire only to find 2 girls sitting in the garden laughing! I was gruffly pushed out the way by some security guy wanting to turn the alarm off as if it was my fault. At this point I just wanted to go home! To be fair to the guy who works behind the bar- he did apologise to us the next day, but he is not the one in charge!
I had hoped we would finally be able to sleep after this but of course there were people shouting outside for at least another hour and a half.
I can't believe we had to pay £60 for the privilege of not sleeping! Not value for money at all. There were other things that I was also dissatisfied with, but I came here purely to warn others just how noisy it is. As I said, we saw the vague warning on the website and thought we knew what to expect, but it is far, far noisier than they say! I don't know how they can think it is acceptable to have these rooms right above the bar?
If you are sure you will be out partying until after 2am then this place could be for you.

Room Tip: Do not book a room on the first floor unless you will definitely stay out until after 2am!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple