“just the job”
Review of Yelf's Hotel

Yelf's Hotel
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Ryde
Reviewed 5 August 2013

i recently stayed at yelf's hotel for two nights with my girlfriend, the bedrooms, views, and the staff were brilliant! we had breakfast in bed for a small charge which was good, and the outside patio was good to, this hotel should be higher than 3 star in my opinion, good price for this time of year to.

Room Tip: get a room as high up as possible, the views are loads better.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank david m
YelfsHotel, Manager at Yelf's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Thank you for taking time tp review your stay here at Yelfs. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Stayed 2 nights on business and found it really relaxing.
No wi-fi but room and bed good (and quiet). Great view across the water to Portsmouth.
Well located in the centre, nice breakfast and lovely helpful staff.
Looking forward to working on the island again and staying at the Yelfs

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The hotel was very easy to find, only 20 minutes from the ferry port in east cowes.
The confirmation stated said they had a private car park, but without speaking to a member of staff we could not find this, we parked outside the hotel and checked in where they gave us a map on how to get to the car park, it's all one way to this helped!
We were them given a complimentary upgrade to the honeymoon suite, which considering I work in hotels I usually give the upgrades! We were here for a wedding, so we didn't spend a lot of time in the hotel.. However the room was comfortable, comfy bed and very clean.
I have seen a review about the noise, but it really was not as bad as described!
Friday was a little bit noisy but really not that bad.
Breakfast was great, lots of choice.. I would say though, maybe add beans as part of the buffet.. But another than that.. It was great!!
We will be coming back soon!

Room Tip: Try and request a high floor room to the back of the hotel, I know we had an upgrade but it was wort...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Samiie0305

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your stay at Yelfs. I am so pleased you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

stayed for one night to attend a function.Yelfs is situated in the lower part of ryde high street so ideal for exploring the town and only a short distance to the beach.we booked through booking dot com and got a better price than yelfs offered us .we asked for a quiet room and this they gave us.hallway door security coded was reasuring.the staff were helpful and the room was ok.one slight criticism the bathroom needs modenising,but clean and adequate.breakfast was self service and they obviously have a good supplier as the sausage and bacon was first class.overall i would say it is a good 3* and we would stay there again.

Room Tip: ask when making booking
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tilburylen
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

This hotel in Ryde is perfectly located. The staff were brilliant. The price was right... But here's the observation : I got a great last minute price but ended up in the annex. All I needed was a bed and shower so for the price I was happy. If I had paid full wack I would have been concerned at the super springy doors that would have made a light sleeper nervous and the general noise of late returners to the annex. Having said this, I had a great stay and breakfast was ten star, so thanks and I recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We arrived as a party of 11 on Friday 12th. July all rooms were excellent very clean and although it was very hot fans were provided. Staff were most helpful and the food in the hotel was great and good value for money.

All told a very enjoyable weekend all thanks to YELFS , hope to do the same next year.

Bob and Chris Young.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank bob and chris y
Reviewed 12 July 2013

When I want to dance, I pay to go to a disco. When I want to sleep, I go to a hotel. I don't want to pay £65 for a hotel room to listen to a disco DJ screaming somewhere under my room until after 2am. And that was a room at the back of the block!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank John R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ryde
Lakeside Park Hotel & Spa
#5 of 29 in Sandown
The Royal Hotel
The Royal Hotel
#1 of 9 in Ventnor

Been to Yelf's Hotel? Share your experiences!