“So Obliging & Friendly”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Ryde
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
“So Obliging & Friendly”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I lunch at Yelfs in Ryde nearly every week so have a "Regular Diners Card" which is great...
The staff are so friendly & helpful always willing to adjust the menu for my needs as I am unable to eat some foods, today I had Sea Bass on Crushed potatoes with the Curry Sauce & fresh veg, which was delicious and suited me perfectly. Anything I request as a variation to the menu, is accepted without question... They also do the best Coffee I've found anywhere, which I have with a measure of Baileys, that I pop in the Coffee Delicious.
As a Disabled Person I find the rear door entry is almost right for a small mobility scoot but does need some attention but would be fine for a wheelchair.
I would like to see the outside area nearest to the building as a separate area, for non smokers so I could sit out in the summer sun, as the outside area is a sun trap. It is one of the few places in the area where I don't have to fight my way through smokers on the doorstep, which is a great bonus too... (I have an allergy to cigarette smoke)

Room Tip: I cant comment as Ive not used a room yet
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Hindhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We stay at Yelf's several times a year and we are never disappointed - the fact that we keep returning bears testimony to our satisfaction with the hotel. The rooms are comfortable and well appointed, the staff are very helpful and the food is excellent. We would thoroughly recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for one that doesn't face Union Street.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Susan H
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We call into Yelfs to have a bite to eat now and again and have never been disappointed. The food is very tasty (and plenty of it) the service is very good and the Bass bitter is particularly nice! The hotel could do with a bit of an update, but it has a real comfortable 'feel' to it.! Keep up the good work Yelfs team...we'll see you again soon!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Loren B
Cardiff, Wales
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I know Ryde fairly well and have stayed in a number of other establishments in the area, but up to now have avoided staying at Yelf's as I thought it would be noisy given its central location. I had to come at short notice alone on family business, and booked myself in via LateRooms, as I noticed that there was very little difference in price between Yelf's and a rather more run down local B & B on that particular night. I was pleasantly surprised - the room was very comfortable, with a large bathroom (something you don't always expect with a single room). It was at the back of the hotel looking out towards the sea and over the restaurant. I did not hear very much noise at all. I loved the uneven floors in the corridors - nice reminder of the age of this elegant building. I appreciated the breakfast - lots of choice, plenty of everything, good service. I didn't venture to use the car park, knowing the area well enough to wonder how much room there would be and having somewhere else where I could leave the car overnight. I would certainly consider staying here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank prisyn
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Had such a fantastic night. The service you couldn't fault and the food was absolutely delicious. The DJ had us dancing all night too! Fantastic atmosphere all night. Best Christmas Party had for a long time.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Debbie J
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We recently had our company Christmas party at Yelfs....it was a fantastic night which included a dj until midnight! From the layout of the party room to the food there were absolutely no complaints. The staff were all very professional and attentive and we are definitely returning next year....a BIG thanks to Pete and all the staff for a great night!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tan157
YelfsHotel, Manager at Yelf's Hotel, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Thank you for taking time to review your experience at Yelfs Hotel. I am so pleased you all enjoyed your Christmas Party night. The management and staff would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a Happy Christmas and a prosperous New Year.
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I regularly frequent this hotel and always find the staff welcoming and friendly,the food is excellant,and all freshly cooked,which these days is a rareity ,and at such a competive price,Especially the two courses for £9-95.the hotel itself always has a lovely busy atmosphere and is ideally located.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Mamamaf
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ryde
Royal Esplanade Hotel
#1 of 52 in Shanklin
The Royal Hotel
The Royal Hotel
#1 of 9 in Ventnor

Been to Yelf's Hotel? Share your experiences!