“Enjoyed my lunch”
Review of The Boathouse

The Boathouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The Boathouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 11 Restaurants in Seaview
Price range: US$13 - US$25
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: This wonderful pub is located right on the waters edge overlooking the Solent, with four en-suite letting rooms and an enviable reputation for it's dining this is a pub not to be missed. Open all year round serving breakfast, lunch and dinner it truly offers a great experience with attentive staff and a welcoming ambiance diners and drinkers can experience a charming site, with extensive outside patio areas this is a great location to see the ships sail buy or just some lovely Isle of Wight sunshine.
europe
“Enjoyed my lunch”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

This was my first time at the Boathouse and my friend and I decided to have a light lunch. We arrived fairly late for lunch and got allocated a nice table. We had a couple of glasses of white wine which was nicely chilled and delightful. I ordered sausages from the small plate menu and I could not fault it. My additional side salad was fresh and had a nice vinaigrette dressing. My friends vegetable salad also looked fresh and appetizing. The only small niggle was that the wine and water glasses would look better if they were polished rather than having lots of watermarks - some dry, some still wet. Also out table was wiped and left wet. These are small niggles which are easy to change and would make your place even more special. Staff was very friendly and welcoming. I was positively surprised and will definitely be back.

• Visited April 2014

“Lovely atmosphere, first class service and great food”
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Not been to the boathouse before, and I must say it was lovely. Fr the moment we walked in and was greater by friendly staff. The menu and specials were very extensive and looked amazing. I hD soup of the day and rump steak, both were delicious. Would highly recommend to anyone.

London, England, United Kingdom
“A great place to eat . ”
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We had 11 people in our party . Offered a large square table to sit around . Staff were very friendly and couldn't do more for us .
Menu had a wide selection of dishes on it and small bites suitable for lunch .
Only negative comment which is small :- I didn't like having the time the table was booked after us. Just felt we were rushing to finish .

Overall a great place , great staff , great food and such a modern little pub . Well worth a visit .

“Crap”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Rude staff, overpriced food that sounds a lot better than it is! My wife and I felt very ill after eating! We will never go back.

Reading, United Kingdom
“Warm reception and comfortable room!”
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Ended up staying last minute here on a Sunday evening, and it was a very nice stay. Firstly the room, restaurant and breakfast were all very nice as well as having attentive staff.

The room we were in had a brilliant view of the sea, and was very much value for money. The breakfast was also fantastic, one of the best traditional English breakfasts I have had.

All in all the stay was good, and I would recommend the Boathouse to anyone looking for a relaxing stay in a great location.

Visited March 2014