The Boat House
US$165
Royal Esplanade Hotel(Ryde)(Great Value!)
US$144
Travelodge
Seacrest Hotel(Portsmouth)
US$105
US$139
Stattons Boutique Hotel(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
US$154
Seaview Hotel(Seaview)
Priceline
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe pubisle of wightspecials boardcrabfood was lovelyfamily mealate heresaturday eveningwrite a reviewboth nightsbay windowmonkfishoverlooking the seacoastal pathpuddingfull englishout of season
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We had a weekend break at the Boathouse, staying Friday & Saturday night, which was a lovely surprise for me that was organised by my partner. The staff were very welcoming and friendly upon arrival and we were showed to our room upstairs. The room was spacious, clean, bright, well appointed and had a sea view. The bathroom was large, with bath and separate shower. We ate both evenings at the Boathouse and chose from the Specials menu board. The food was locally sourced, well presented and tasted lovely. There was also a good selection of wine to accompany our meals. Our server was very attentive and very friendly. We also had breakfast on both mornings and we weren't disappointed. We would definitely stay here again and highly recommend for a short stay and/or evening meal with friends and family.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2013

The Boat House provides very comfortable accommodation with great views across The Solent in a handy position for accessing Seaview and for touring the island.
The included breakfast is good and having seen how large the full English breakfast was were able to pick and choose what we wanted.
Choice of places to eat in and around Seaview were limited and it was convenient to eat at The Boat House, the choice and quality of the meals was satisfactory but perhaps not quite as enjoyable as hoped.

Room Tip: Ensure you have a room with a sea view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night, had booked two rooms, the first one had an odd smell about it, but other than that it was pleasant enough, we paid a little more for a superior double but to be quite honest couldn't tell you what made it superior from the other room. A few small things, some May Ben say petty but at £110 a night, a very wobbly toilet handle and the complementary drinks tray only had one biscuit on one of the saucers, but like I say- petty issues really! Had a great nights sleep, enjoyed hearing the sea and looking out to see the ships coming into Portsmouth or Southampton (bad geography). The breakfast was fine, a basic selection but again, we enjoyed it. Would I stay again- yes I probably would!!

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Over salted, over cooked, over priced.......says it all.
Had high hopes for this restaurants food but was left disappointed and thoroughly ripped of by the high price and poor quality of the food.
The dishes were over salted.
The starter was so salty that on refection I should have sent it back but I didn't want to embarrass other guests.
The main course fish dish was dry and did not appear freshly cooked. It looked most unappetising placed alone on the plate with two shrivelled slices of chorizo on top of the fish and there were no vegetables, just a few potatoes as a side dish.
At the end of the meal I was dying of thirst even though I had drunk half a jug of water.
I wont be going back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Secret-Chocaholic
Reviewed 16 October 2013

After a lovely walk from Seaview we had lunch at the Boathouse. Being Saturday it was very busy.The food (especially the seafood) was excellent. We shared a platter which was beautifully presented. The restaurant had a lovely atmosphere and the staff were very friendly. My only comment would be that they ran out of all the seafood by 1pm, I would have been very disappointed if that happened to us.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple