“Another lovely stay en famille!”
Review of Seaview Hotel

Seaview Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Seaview
Reviewed 6 September 2012

2nd stay at the Seaview with our kids. Really lovely welcome...we loved the Newclose Suite - so roomy. Dinner was perfect in all respects though hadn't made a booking and we didn't realise that the place was such a hotspot on a Saturday night - still we got squeezed in.
Breakfast the next morning was 5* and the lady who runs the breakfast shift is fantastic at taking and dealing with orders.
Many thanks once again - hope to be back soon!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Seaview Hotel

Reviewed 3 September 2012

Just returned from a 3 night stay in the Methuen room.

Lovely hotel in a lovely location. All staff were friendly and helpful, room was clean and appointed.

Breakfast was included and lovely as were the evening meals we had in the bar.

Looking forward to going back for another stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Peter G
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Just back from scooter weekend all staff were very helpful 9 of us went looked after us all, kept bar open in early hours breakfast one of the best local produce used even let us have extra helpings had our evening meal one night which was good only one thing to add dont get a room near kitchen extractor very noisy we asked to be moved

Room Tip: keep away from kitchen extractor
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Having been coming to the Seaview Hotel for years under its previous management, I felt absolutely gutted when I went here again recently with my family.
The service was poor. The first thing that hit on arrival was the appalling stench of septic tank emanating from the corner of the garden - so bad we had to move tables, and still got gagging wafts.
The food is expensive for what it is. They used to do a great crab ramekin with melty cheese on top. That has been replaced by a crab ramekin with breadcrumbs on top which were uncooked.
Kids had scampi which looked like the frozen scampi you find in any pub in the country.
Despite advertising Pimms on the board outside, the Pimms arrived with just ice and a slice of lemon in it. When asked if we could have some mint and cucumber etc in it, we were told the hotel did not have any! And that it hadn't arrived yet - it was 1pm on a Tuesday. Someone should have been dispatched to get some from the local shop...
The old heavy wrought iron furniture outside has been replaced with cheap lightweight chairs which adds to the feeling it has been turned into a high profit making venture with little thought for customer satisfaction.
I'm afraid the guy serving us was hopeless. He was unable to multi-task, had the typical Basil Fawlty-esque defeatist attitude, and did not seem to care whether his customers were happy. He was ponderous and slow, with no people skills. His response to the question of the foul smell was off-hand and churlish.
The whole place lacked enthusiasm and imagination. Seriously need to buck up their act. I would advise giving this a swerve until they sort the whole thing out again.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Toto_W6
Reviewed 20 August 2012

My husband and I stayed three nights in this hotel recently and had a most comfortable and enjoyable stay. Our room was very nicely decorated with a well appointed bathroom. Everything was very clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We would certainly visit again as the whole ambiance of the hotel and village was lovely. There is a nice area at the front of the hotel where we could have a drink, snack or just read the newspapers and this is in view of the sea! Car parking at the back of the hotel was also good.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DMMDorset
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I have stayed in one of the rooms in the new building at the back of the hotel. My room was clean, spacious, neutrally designed and comfortable. The bathtub that fills from the ceiling is a bit ridiculous and inconvenient and I never used the TV in the bathroom, but all in all, my stay was pleasant. The staff were friendly, help with my heavy bags - promptly provided, requests - dealt with quickly. I would happily stay in this hotel again.
I have to say a few words about the restaurant separately. I was not impressed, neither with service nor with food. Although my special dietary requests were satisfied, in general food was of average quality, without any exciting flourishes. I would not eat there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2012

From my experience I am amazed at some of the negativity written about this Hotel, we are a family of five and this hotel accommodated our every need (even down to the bacon for the crab nets), it was luxurious but practical, the house keeping was discreet but fantastic, everything was clean and crisp. All the staff were warm and friendly. I can not recommend this hotel enough, I would stay there again without a doubt. In fact we did book into another hotel just for a change of location on the Island but after one night we quickly returned back to the Seaview Hotel. The restaurant staff provided crayons and colouring books for our three children and the breakfast ladies were brilliant. All in all a very well run hotel and one which I would recommend highly with or without children, its a wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: The Vault is a great place for a family and the hotel will put in an extra child bed if needed.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Lisa b
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaview
The Royal Hotel
Lakeside Park Hotel & Spa
Luccombe Hall Hotel
Luccombe Hall Hotel
#7 of 51 in Shanklin

Been to Seaview Hotel? Share your experiences!