Review Highlights
Photographing the needles

chrisbates1974
Waltham Cross, United Kingdom
Quick visit

I went to The Needles on Monday as part of a coach trip. There was very little open which I thought... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Liz A
Bradford, United Kingdom

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Totland
from US$17.48
More Info
3,804 results
All reviews chair lift alum bay boat trip coloured sand the cliff isle of wight glass blowing sweet making cable car sand shop sweet factory national trust speed boat pebble beach glass making glass factory walked down
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Visited purely to see Alum Bay and the multi coloured sands. Fond memories of childhood visits abounded. Checked details on the internet beforehand, and yes everything looked fine.

I expected the fairground attractions on the cliff top to be closed and they were. No problem there. However what we discovered after parking up is that all access to Alum Bay, by chairlift or footpath is currently closed! Apparently (we found out afterwards) the path was washed away in a storm several months ago. The local Council therefgore closed the access to the beach on safety grounds. Fair enough....
but that was several months ago and nothing has been done to repair the path. This we were informed is due to a dispute between the Council and owners of The Needles attraction. Neither wants to pay the cost of the repairs.

This information is not freely searchable on the internet. The website belonging to the owners of The Needles attraction don't mention it - they still want visitors for the sandshop and the café I suppose. There is a small mention which has to be searched for on the council website - nothing on Google. Why would a tourist visit the IOW council website ?

Left feeling extremely disappointed and cheated.

Date of experience: March 2019
3  Thank DesdinovaUK
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My father and I visited the adventure park to photograph the needles from the viewing platform, it was very easy to park as there’s a large car park and also easy access to the viewing platform,great views of the needles from the platform but on the side of caution it was very windy on the platform and walking the few stairs onto the platform but great pictures taken..

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I personal dont like the commercialisation of important scenic locations(I thought lands end was tacky and crass when we went the some years ago) so I approached the Needles with trepidation, I was pleasantly surprised it was clean and tidy and not overbearing. some attractions were closed it being winter but the sand shop was busy as was the restaurant, which was clean and offered a good inexpensive selection of hot or cold food..Pasties and the like. Excellent big cups of tea and plenty of inside and outside seating (sun was shining and it was warm that day) The toliets were very clean and very good.. great expansive parking, free in the offseason only

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had an absolutely amazing time.

Staff are wonderful and had a great time relaxing on the site with it's stunning views of the Needles and amusements.

Keep up the great work!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The weather was beautiful when we went to the Needles. Not a lot open at the amusement area (Feb half term) but the walk to the Needles was good terrain and stunning views. The tea room at the Battery with great views was a welcome treat.