We stayed at the Sentry Mead for 3 nights and took our dog along for the trip.
If the hotel didn't state it welcomed dogs, you wouldn't know due to it being so clean & fresh looking. As it is, it is a lovely place to stay with your dog.
Taking the dog away is a new thing for us, but the Sentry Mead and it's staff made it seem completely normal. There are water bowls for the dogs in most areas (Except dining area, as understandably dogs aren't allowed in there), the staff are brilliant with the dogs & fuss them to death.
Now onto us humans!
The hotel is lovely. It has that old traditional feel but with a modern (not over the top) twist.
The rooms are superb and it's location is brilliant for beach walks, attractions & amenities.
We will absolutely being going back to the Sentry Mead (with or without the dog) the next time we visit the IOW.
Big thumbs up!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sentry Mead is a Victorian villa beautifully situated in the tranquil West Wight. Less than 200 yards from Totland beach, guests are assured of a warm welcome at this relaxed and informal guesthouse. Pets welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sentry Mead reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sentry Mead Hotel Totland
- Sentry Mead Totland Bay, Isle Of Wight