“Good food and great beer.”
Review of Highdown Inn

Highdown Inn
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Totland Bay
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Totland Bay
“Good food and great beer.”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

As a semi regular, i can vouch for the food and drink, well worth the visit, summertime the garden is worth sitting in, and just enjoying the fresh air and hopefully the weather.

Visited March 2014

Rainham, United Kingdom
“great hosts”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

couldn't be more helpful, food was much better than pub grub. my lamb in red wine and rosemary was gorgeous and my fiancée had the prawn and smoked haddock fishcakes said they were the best she had tasted

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Martin F
Richmond, United Kingdom
“Really?”
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Well, my Dad has always loved this restaurants atmosphere, but frankly I feel there is none. I shall list the horrid experiences I have had at this pub from our finding of it in 2012:

1. Everything is always off and yet is never taken off the board so you can never know what you will end up with. Even if you book three for a roast only 1 will receive a full dinner.
2. The food has no real flavour, it is like a school dinner, cooked but not worth eating.
3. This is a long one, last time I went not only did the starter take 45 mins to come out and the main an hour and fifteen but there was a very loud mouthed argument in the kitchen, no heart felt apologies and hairs amongst all we ate. To top it off, when eating roast chicken I wondered if there was any kind of cranberry jelly or sauce to accompany the dish. The waitress gave me branston pickle.

This place is a joke.

4 Thank Holly Louise S
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely pub, brilliant service”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Haven't been to the Highdown for years, so decided to have a spot of lunch after a walk over the downs. The young lady behind the bar welcomed us with a lovely smile and found us a table. We had haddock- was delicious! Will be back.

• Visited March 2014
Minehead, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Visited last Saturday.An unassuming exterior turned out to house a gastronomic delight inside. We ate Duck and poached salmon both perfectly cooked and to follow was the best Pavlova we have ever eaten as it was not too sweet and sickly. This is a country pub which has not been dressed up and retained much of a country pub's character.The barmaid was charming and my husband enjoyed the Ringwoods beer.We will revisit.

• Visited March 2014