We ate at the Bugle when we moored at Yarmouth and thoroughly enjoyed it - there were several excellent beers on tap and the food was good, with generous protions - beer battered fish & chips and steak and ale pie. Mmmmm.
Service was basic but friendly.
Good, solid pub food. Mains were around £10 each.
The pub was busy. It was a sunny evening and the 'courtyard garden', which is fairly small, was completely full.
the pub is right in the town centre, a few minutes walk from the Wight Ferry and from the harbour so ideal whether you are coming in on the ferry or your own boat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bugle Coaching Inn is a delightful 16th Century Inn, steeped in history and charm. We are situated in the heart of Yarmouth, a busy, sailing, fishing Town, in The Square. We are a stones throw from the ferry terminal and bus station. Our busy Pub has lots of nooks and crannies, catering for everyones needs. We have a separate dining area that offers table service where booking is essential. The rest of our large pub is open to all, with a large conservatory area overlooking our courtyard garden and two front dining areas looking over the bustling square. We have two large gardens, which are full of beautiful flowers, and is bathed in sunshine all day where everyone can enjoy dining 'al-fresco'. Our talented team of Chefs have created a fine menu, and extensive specials board, full of locally caught seafood, straight from our harbour. All our food is locally sourced and seasonal, and lovingly prepared by our kitchen team for you to enjoy. Our seven newly re furbished letting rooms are over the first and second floors. There are stairways to these rooms, and due to the age of the listed building, we have no lifts etc. Our rooms are sympathetically decorated to the age and atmosphere of the Inn, with sloping ceilings and low eves in some of the rooms, all adding to the charm and character of this wonderful olde Inn. We offer a very popular full English breakfast menu, which is included in our room tariff. All our rooms are en suite, with flat screened tv and wi fi access. Our friendly, busy Inn reflects the relaxed, unique atmosphere of this pretty fishing town, and we hope that you enjoy your stay with us, John and Claire ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Book Direct Rooms, Ebookers, LateRooms, Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Bugle Coaching Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bugle Coaching Hotel Yarmouth
- The Bugle Coaching Inn Isle Of Wight/Yarmouth