“Do Not Enter”

Cuisines: British, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Well aside from the nice position and aspect of the café there is nothing else good to say!

The staff are discourteous and abrupt, the food is doesn't even class as average and they over charged then had the nerve to say it was our own fault!

There are at least 6 other cafes in Yarmouth, go to one of those.

2  Thank iPee

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Found the staff quite unpleasant particularly the woman who served us. Items on the bill we did not order, when we went back about it - our fault because we kept asking for items from the menu. Charged £1 for a cup of hot water because they STILL have to clean the cup. Would suggest anyone looking for a washing up job try Gossips as they must pay good rates!!!!!

2  Thank Janeepee
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Good place for a cup of tea or coffee, ice cream and flapjacks. Meals are also served which look very good.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Just back from a 4 day break in Yarmouth. Had a super time and this cafe was one of the highlights. I have been a bit shocked to read some of the other reviews because we had such a lovely time. Our waitress Jade was very friendly and gave just the right amount of attention, and even remembered what we had drank when we went back another evening! Everyone else was also very friendly. We had evening meals which are waiter served - in the day it did seem very busy and then people queue to order so I wonder if that was the issue for some people?

The food was lovely - a home made lasagne one meal and a home made quiche at another - with lovely salads... the sort of food that feels as is whoever made it actually cares about food. We rarely drink wine but my red and my partners White were delicious, and for pudding we had a lovely apple cake followed by the best coffee I had in Yarmouth....

Oh and I forgot ... where else can you sit and watch the ferry come and go, or have some live music... all in a friendly relaxed atmosphere?

So to summarize great staff, great food, great views and great atmosphere - we will be coming back!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I'm not sure how this place gets any 5 star reviews.

This is our first trip to the Isle of Wight and the first restaurant on this trip.
It looked so promising, the decor and atmosphere looks great and they had a crooner singing 50's hits, which was nice.
The food on the menu sounds great, but that's where it all ended.
Our first clue should have been that we weren't greeted by any one and had to grab a member of staff and was told to sit outside. The second clue was when one of the kids wanted a burger, the waitress telling us ' we don't do chips'.

Anyway, I ordered a very promising sounding crab salad at a cost of £11.50. The portion size was very poor and tasteless, the amount of crab must have been about a table spoonful.

The bit that turned my stomach was when I put one of the potatoes in my mouth and found it very chewy. I took it out of my mouth to find that it was rotten. It made me heave. As the potatoes were already cut in half, the cook should have spotted this.

I showed the elusive waitress who just said that she would let the 'chef' know. There was no apology or discount on the meal. It turned the stomach of everyone at the table.

My daughter and wife had the burgers, £7.95, which they found to be inedible and left most of them. My two other daughters had pizza and found them very unappetizing and my mom had prawns in the shell at a cost of £7.95, which were no more special than anything you could buy from Tesco.

What I don't get is, that the waitress saw the uneaten meals and didn't even question it. We paid a hefty £52 for this unpleasant meal and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Our night saved when we took a 4 mile journey to Freshwater to find a chip shop and paid £4

5  Thank NigelBaller