“Good service with a smie”
Review of The Blue Crab

The Blue Crab
Ranked #8 of 26 Restaurants in Yarmouth
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Croston, United Kingdom
“Good service with a smie”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Dog friendly cafe bar. Popped in mid afternoon. Scallops for starter was excellent. Fish and chips was excellent. Reasonably priced. Would definitely go back in the evening. Staff friendly. Didn't particularly care for the background music which was just a little too loud.

• Visited August 2014

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very happy family of 5”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We had a lovely Saturday lunch here yesterday. Staff were friendly and pleasant and nothing was too much trouble - plain grilled fish for my son and dairy free adaptation of one of the specials easily catered for. Portions were generous and well cooked. We look forward to visiting again soon.

Poole, United Kingdom
“OK but not Great”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We went here because we could not get in elsewhere.
Having sat down and ordered our food and drinks my wife noticed the "Food Hygiene Rating" sticker in the corner of the door. I have never seen a score as low as 2 before. I am even cautious if I see a 4 out of 5. This may well have had an influence on our experience in that we did not particularly enjoy the meal (fish and chips) although it was reasonably priced.
We probably won't go back.

• Visited June 2014
“It's not good folks!”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Bland fish, overlooked batter, oh and the slowest service I've ever seen. 1 hr 25 mins to serve 4 fish n chips.

They take too many orders and have to cook it all fresh, that's good but everything is then slowed down to a crawl, orders poor in nothing comes out. Lots of takeaway customers waiting inside and outside the shop all getting the hump.

The chips are rank too, I make better in the oven.

Mushy peas were not nice so my northerner wife tells me..:-( I can't comment as I like the ones out of tesco...

My wife "northerner" asked for bread n butter, they then told us 3 time that you have to pay for it, yes!!! Ok I got it.... please can I have the bread n butter, they bring one small bit of butter!! For god sake !!!!!

I had a diet coke... Flat... Gave up at this point..

Issue is I've had top class fish n chips from PK's fish bar in twickenham "awesome cod n chips" so I have something to compare it too.

A little over priced in my opinion too.

Sorry management, you have that Yarmouth attitude of screw the customer, but without us you've had it. Take notice.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Excellent Fish and Chips!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I visited the blue crab restaurant yesterday, thinking that we would just pick up some chips for take-away but due to the scorching heat we decided to eat in even though it was more expensive. The fish and chips were lovely and we enjoyed really excellent service! very impressed.

• Visited July 2014