“Highly recommended!”
Review of Forresters Wine Bar - CLOSED

Forresters Wine Bar
Price range: US$14 - US$27
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The winds of change have hit Forresters. We are now open as a Wine Bar with several bar snacks available from a simple sandwich to salads and house specials, all at very reasonable prices. I have decided that 3 courses of fine dining isn't always the best evening out. Sometimes a prawn cocktail and a glass of wine in elegant surroundings fits the bill perfectly. So there will always be a good choice of food but no longer fine dining. Still the wonderful ambiance of Forresters Hall, always good service but now at a fraction of fine dining and pub prices. How about a cocktail to start off your evening? Or reserve our mezzanine floor for a small private party. Hire out the whole place for functions or family get togethers. Or just pop in for an alternative place for a drink. I am determined to keep both food and drink prices extremely sensible, eg bowl of chilli and a crusty baguette for £5 and spirit and a mixer for £3. Regular live music, not loud but pleasantly entertaining and enjoyable. Regular pianist on most Fridays. I hope that you will still keep us on your list of places to go and look forward to welcoming you to Forresters Wine Bar.
Reviewed 27 August 2010

I have just returned from a wonderful week in Yarmouth and spent an evening at Forresters Bistro. Having read the reviews here on Tripadvisor I had high expectations and on no count did this restaurant diasappoint. We opted for the early bird menu, three courses for £14.95 which was incredibly good value for money. The ambience, service and quality of food was truly excellent and I cannot wait to repeat the whole experience when I return to the Island at Easter! Thank you all at Forresters for a fabulous meal!

1  Thank lovely66
There are newer reviews for Forresters Wine Bar

Reviewed 10 August 2010

Food was fresh and beautifully cooked, a good selection of wines, service was friendly and efficient. The ambience was wonderful and relaxed without being roudy. We will make this our first choice whenever we are in Yarmouth!!

1  Thank Sandra186306
Reviewed 29 July 2010

Proprieters John and Amanda are a talented and incredibly professional team. Our Wednesday night dinner at Forrester's Restaurant was perfect in every way.

1  Thank goldhump
Reviewed 21 July 2010

Above a row of shops, but a very nice double-height space once inside.
We both enjoyed main courses (one pork, one fish), well cooked and with bags of flavour. We shared a selection of very good local cheeses, which were served with slices of preserved ginger. The latter was not to my taste, but described by my wife as a stoke of genius.
Staff were helpful and very personable.
Certainly recommended.