“Not only a fishing trip but a view if the island from the water, AMAZING! And disabled friendly.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Black Rock Charters and Fishing

Black Rock Charters and Fishing
Ranked #2 of 15 things to do in Yarmouth
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome! We provide a varied, interesting and exciting range of fishing trips from 2 hour trips to whole days out. The Alaminta boat is the perfect vessel to take a leisurely, pleasure cruise to the famous Needles, via Colwell Bay, the colourful sands of Alum Bay and Totland Pier, not to mention Hurst Castle. Hen parties and Stag groups are encouraged and a good time is guaranteed. It is possible to privately Charter our boat, she is available for organised groups, families and friends of course. We operate from the beautiful, historical Yarmouth Harbour,Isle of Wight. Pay and display parking is easily available.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
brighton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I was sent a Facebook link via a friend if Black Rock Charters, as I was going over to visit family. My partner and I booked a few 2wks in advance as we didn't want to miss out but they were pretty full even two weeks earlier so will get in much sooner next time. We arrived and was offered safety jackets. Always a good sign. Then made our way to the boat. I have fybromyalgia so have problems with my hips etc but Robert the skipper was very helpful at getting me on the boat safely. The sea was choppy so we bounced a little which I have to say was fun, felt like a real fisherman once a little spray hit my face. We started fishing quite soon after leaving the harbour which was great as I only bought a mackerel fishing trip, which is about 2.5hrs I think? Whilst we started fishing it was great, captain robert made sure he helped anyone that needed it, explaining along the way. He also gave us information about the island and another smaller island with history attached (I felt like I was getting a bonus as I only bought a fishing trip)
Don't know how I did it but I caught a mackerel, I was so chuffed, my boyfriend took a picture so will add to gallery. We got back to Yarmouth harbour and I have to say I didn't want to get off where did the time go I was having such a blast. Great company great conversation
and great fun...... What more could you want.
I really recommend popping in the shop too there's some good buying bits if that's what you want a really friendly lady, Sharon - Roberts wife, and their dog who is massive like a bear but so soppy likes lots of cuddles. I considered it a pleasure.
Highly highly recommend this business, great people and an amazing trip, thank you BLACK ROCK CHARTERS AND FISHING

Visited May 2014

“Bream trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I am a seasoned boat fisherman. This skipper is first class. I will be back again. We got 7 bream in 4hrs countless doggies and a ray. Go on this trip with confidence.

Cowes, United Kingdom
“Fishing trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Arriving in Yarmouth for a full days fishing, the weather looked ominous. Torrential rain, thunder and lightening and black skies. However, the forecast said it would soon clear, which it did, and after Rob the skipper introduced himself we were on our way. Rob took us to one of his spots that was renowned for its variety of species, it didn't disappoint! The action was relentless and Rob was always on hand to help with the landing net, unhooking and re baiting, which is a big help for the less accomplished angler, such as me!
In total, 8 different species were caught, including; Bream, Smoothound, Rays, Gurnard, even a tasty looking spider crab! We finished the day off with a hour of mackerel fishing which was a nice addition to the fish bag.
I would definitely recommend Blackrock charters to anyone thinking of doing such an activity, a nice spacious boat, as he only fishes a max of six people, this allows Rob to provide his clients with a comfortable days fishing.
Thanks Rob for a great day, I'll definitely book with you again.

Visited June 2014
Yarmouth, United Kingdom
“Don't take my word for it, see for yourself stunning..!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have been out with blackrock charters her lovely boat Alaminta,and freindly skipper Rob on several occaisions, never a dissapointment, how could it be with scenery such as only the isle of wight could offer.!
Not to mention the fishing and diversity of species these particular waters sustain in abundance, within reason you could realistically catch just about anything.! Wether fishing is your motivation or something else entirely if an oppertunity arises you should find out for yourself. Highly recommendable
for for anybody and i will without doubt be spending more time aboard Alaminta.
Thanks guys love it.!

Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A foggy start!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

After lots of helpful phone calls and texts from Sharon we booked a full days fishing trip with Rob on Black Rock Charters. We woke up to a lovely sunny morning in Bembridge only to discover the nearer to Yarmouth we got the foggier it became. We were worried the trip would be delayed or called off. We arrived at the boat to discover a very positive Rob with no sign of a delay. After a brief safety talk we set off. When we arrived at our position Rob explained about bait and how to fish etc. After not very long my husband caught the first fish of the day, a small female dog fish which we threw back. That set the theme for the day, one by one all of us (5) caught dog fish after dog fish! One of the other guys caught a pretty cool Ray too. We also caught a few other fish which a can't remember the name of and the fog soon burned off.
We then moved onto another area as Rob said it would be nice to catch something else, so we did.
With the needles as a pretty backdrop we started fishing again and I caught a large Bream followed by another slightly smaller one!
All in all it was a great day, very relaxed and fun. The fish and chip supper was a perfect end!
I would definitely recommend Rob and Black Rock and look forward to going again during Mackerel or Cod season.
Thanks guys