Mum and I treated ourselves to a wee spa break between our two summer birthdays and were not disappointed. Feeling decadent, we opted for the total relaxation package.
We were treated like royalty - on arrival we were handed our itineraries and offered a delicious smoothie. First stop was a Pilates class, followed by a 60 minute facial. For lunch we were served really tasty salad dishes in the coffee bar (only criticism here is it would have been nice to have lunch on the spa's designated wee terrace). Later we enjoyed a 90 minute aromatherapy experience.
There are a couple of chill out areas to choose from to hang out in and read magazines between treatments. All are very serene and comfortable. The day also gives you access to the pool and the spa's sauna and steam room facilities.
Overall the day certainly delivered, and both Mum and I left feeling uber relaxed. Our backs felt good after both of us had a couple of muscular knots worked out in the aromatherapy session. My therapist, Rachael was very attentive and Mum got on well with hers too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you are looking for the perfect weekend escape, midweek break or family holiday by the sea, The West Bay Club is the ultimate destination for luxury, relaxation and leisure. Treat yourself to a stylish seaside break on the beautiful Isle of Wight. The West Bay Club is the perfect place to discover the many hidden secrets of the Island or explore the heritage coastline and areas of outstanding natural beauty. With the unpredictable British weather, at The West Bay Club there is plenty for you and your family to do come rain or shine…a stylish seaside break. The beautiful ‘New England’ style cottages are designed with comfort and relaxation in mind, making you feel immediately at home, with everything you need for the perfect getaway. Leisure activities: State of the art facilities include the high-spec fitness suite, tennis, squash and badminton courts, beautiful heated indoor swimming pool, and exercise classes including Spinning, Zumba, Bokwa, Yoga, Hot Yoga, Cardio Tennis and Pilates. Family friendly - Children will love the extensive program of activities including water polo, wet ‘n’ wild fun sessions in the pool, table tennis, gymnastics, trampolining and much more – which all take place under the supervision of experienced and qualified staff, giving you total peace of mind. Relax and unwind: Enjoy the tranquil Spa by making use of the stress relieving relaxation area, sauna and steam room. Or pamper yourself with a luxurious ESPA treatment to reinvigorate your body and mind. Tailor-made just for you: Whether you want to improve your tennis technique by working with one of our expert coaches, try scuba-diving, or get an adrenaline-fix on a white knuckle mountain bike ride – the dedicated team of sports and fitness experts and coaches are on hand to help you create a memorable stay. Just let the team know what you and your family would love to experience during your stay and they will take care of the details. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The West Bay Club Hotel Yarmouth
- Savoy Holiday Village Yarmouth
- The West Bay Country Club & Spa Isle Of Wight/Yarmouth