“Excellent specials and huge portions”

The Bugle Coaching Inn
Ranked #6 of 26 Restaurants in Yarmouth
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

I have to say I was worried about eating here after reading some previous reviews, but, my worries were totally unfounded. Great service, friendly staff, fantastic value for money and huge portions of food made this a fantastic night out. There were a large choice of specials with some good seafood dishes. The pub is warm and friendly with different types of seating areas to suit all tastes. I had garlic prawns to start which were delicious and substantial with some doorstops of bread and a large well dressed salad. I then had black bream Spanish style which was delicious. The two of bus ate and had drinks for just over £50. All in all I would definitely recommend The Bugle if you want a good night out with lots of food at a reasonable price

There are newer reviews for The Bugle Coaching Inn

Reviewed 20 April 2013

We (enlarged family of seven) ate here twice in a weeks stay in Yarmouth.
It is a large pub, with plenty of tables that can cope with the larger family, we didn't reserve a table but we could have if needed - perhaps it might be a requirement in the height of the season.

The food was really good - keep an eye out for the extensive specials board and daily specials - and the service was great. The staff were all courteous, offered sauces, came to check all was well - Based on our two experiences, I think the last review (a 1 star) is totally unjustified.

I recommend eating here.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

that such a nice atmosphere was ruined, not by bad service, but by NO service. Eventually we figured out the lone waitress was not going to stop at our table and we went to the bar to order. No menu was given, no service offered, no welcome, no seating--NOTHING. The food was good--until I felt sick less than 10 minutes later. It was a disappointing experience. The grocery story down the street might be a better choice. At least the proprietor was friendly.

1  Thank M P
Character2012, Manager at The Bugle Coaching Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I feel that your review is unjustified as at no point do we advertise or promote table service within the pub.With this in mind, your review is based on a false expectation of the establishment and you can see from previous reviews that people enjoy their visit to The Bugle. I trust this clarifies matters for you.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Stayed here for a night wit husband and kid. So close to the Yarmouth Ferry Terminal, just near the pier. Beautiful location. The staff were friendly. The room was spacious and neatly decorated including the en-suite. In the night they even brought food to our room as my baby was running a temperature. The breakfast was scrumptious, include in the price. They also extended the check out timing since our baby was sleeping to 12:00 just as soon as I mentioned it. Nothing was too much. Overall we would come back again. Good parking space at the back.

Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

Walking in I thought it would be average pub grub. Service was fast and polite and they seated us in a secluded area as we have a 9wk old baby.

Ordered at the bar and the 6 meals all arrived together within 10mins. Three roast dinners (£8.95), a scampi (slightly overpriced), a huge 16oz rump steak and a kids fish n chips. Great portions and good quality food. Very friendly staff and soon got really busy. Good selection of beers/lager.

If you go then check out the plaque on the wall in the raised mock ship area near the rear of the pub. Hilarious! But gives an idea of the history of this old coaching inn on the Yarmouth port! Shiver me timbers!!

Thank you for your feedback and we're delighted you enjoyed your visit. The mock bar you mention was actually the old Galleon bar which was in use until the pub was refurbished just over 10 years ago. We thought it was a good idea to preserve it's history. Thanks again for your review.