“Lovely authentic pub”

Ranked #9 of 27 Restaurants in Yarmouth
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stopped in by chance on a Wednesday evening. The pub was busy with a mix of locals as well as tourists so that the atmosphere was lively and friendly. The bar smelt of wonderful slightly sticky beer but it was clean and the bathroom well appointed. Food was great, hot and quickly delivered. The Mussel portion was so huge I could barely finish my dish. I’d definitely visit again when in the area and would recommend.

footofdowns, Public Relations Manager at The Bugle Coaching Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you so much, we are very happy that you enjoyed all aspects of your visit to us, hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We brought a couple of friends to the Bugle after a quick blast across the Solent from Southampton on a Friday night. We found a table easily and ordered our drinks at the bar. Niggle #1 - no hot drinks available, faulty coffee machine.

Drinks order mostly completed, we studied the menus. There's a good section of "pub classics" and more specialised dishes on both the main menu and the specials board.

Prawn cocktail and crab starters were well received but the humus was exceptionally garlicky. This was not to the liking of the person who'd ordered it (Niggle#2) although the others on the table enjoyed it once prawns and crab had been polished off. Not for the faint hearted !

Mains of burgers, belly pork and fish and chips all were a good size, tasted good without being exceptional.

The evening was pleasant enough, with staff being friendly and helpful. The surroundings are a good place to sit and enjoy the evening.

Apart from a few issues the evening was ok. If only there was some other way to boil water !?!

1  Thank DanKimSouthampton
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We used to set this as a destination and plan to go to the Bugle just for the pies!, they are now tasteless, I have now tasted all their flavours and they taste of nothing, even the pastry is tasteless, such a shame.

footofdowns, Front Office Manager at The Bugle Coaching Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Not sure how to respond...this is the very first complaint we have had about our Pies! I am front of house and get compliment after compliment on our home made pies everyday! Pastry is shortcrust and hand made...as are fillings, and are one of our best sellers!

Very unusual complaint, I can only apologise our ever popular pies are not to your taste...

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Extensive range of food including the specials on the boards. I can thoroughly recommend the seafood platter which was superb, white and brown crab meat, smoked salmon, prawns, muscles, full salad and bread and butter and plenty of all. Reasonable range of local beers just wish they were stronger, I.e. over 5% but I appreciate that not many people like strong ales otherwise great place.

Thank you so much, very glad that you enjoyed your visit to us.

We change our guest Beers weekly, so we do sometimes offer stronger Ales...please come again...we may have one on offer next time!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Wonderful pub, friendly atmosphere. On top of that accommodated myself and my daughter with our list of food intolerances and made us both something we could eat. Which was wonderful. Also my oh and son both enjoyed the meals off the menu! If we are ever in Yarmouth again we will be back for sure!!! High recommend!!!

Thank you. We are always more than happy to help with any dietry requirements, our Chefs are always willing to discuss any needs with our customers.

We are very happy you enjoyed your visit to us, we look forward to seeing you again soon,