“GREAT TRADITIONAL ENGLISH HOTEL”
Review of Jireh House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Yarmouth
Jireh House
Ranked #2 of 6 Yarmouth B&B and Inns
Worcester, United Kingdom
“GREAT TRADITIONAL ENGLISH HOTEL”
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We have stayed here a couple of times - the fact we have returned says it all! We have visited as a family and as a couple. Each time the weather has been perfect along with the hotel itself. The decor is traditional so if you want a modern Hilton this is not the hotel for you.
This hotel has a warm and welcoming atmosphere, staff are extremely friendly and the home cooked food outstanding. The afternoon teas including scones, cream & jam to die for ...
The rooms are bright airy,, spacious and clean with quaint windows. The hotel has a lovely conservatory to take meals in if you dont wish to sit in the main dining room which is homely too.
We loved the fact you step off the ferry and the hotel is just around the corner so you can walk if you have come over as a foot passenger. The buses run to every part of the island are about 5 minutes away too so you can take the island hopper and get a very reasonable bus pass for the week - especially liked the open top buses!
Nice pubs and cafes on the front and a friendly small town. Definitely will be returning to this beautiful hotel this year.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice - no preference as not noisy and heard no one else during any of our stays.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
London England
Reviewed 9 December 2012

My girlfriend and I recently stayed here for our second time whilst in Yarmouth for what has become my annual cycling sportive weekend in late December and found everything to be great just as we did the last time we visited.

Travelling with a bike and a load of equipment when taking part in a cycling event is always problematic and can often lead to establishments being funny about storing your gear for you but Jan and her staff have always been very welcoming of this and have always gone out of their way to accomodate my requirements whilst catering for the late arrivals and early starts that my schedule involves whilst I am there and this is something that I appreciate greatly.

The room on both occasions has been clean and comfortable,well equipped,warm (which is important as my trips are in late November/December) and the food has always been great.

Coming from out of town the location of Jireh house is perfect being literally a stones throw from the ferry terminal and also across the road from where my cycling event starts from and I already have plans to go back on two occasions in 2013.

If your looking for somewhere clean,comfortable and friendly that also offers good value for money in an easy to access location then I think you will find it hard to beat the Jireh House.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Jireh House is a Georgian beauty in a gorgeous locale. Original features everywhere. The dining room is a comfortable mix of styles which is reflected in the bed rooms, which are small but nice.
We did not have an evening meal there.
I would like to give Jireh a higher mark, because the staff were helpful (and shared their personal pot of Marmite) but I had a rubbish night's sleep. The mattress (like much of the furnishings) looked new - however it seemed barely a couple of inches thick. The manager said he would look into it so you may find all fixed and in order. I hope so. They really deserve more if they fix the beds.

Room Tip: It's ALWAYS a good idea to view the room while discussing the tarif. It's surprising how fle...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2012

This review is based on dining only.
There are many restaurants and pubs in Yarmouth offering a variety of menus. Jireh House's menu is prominently propped up outside the quaint building offering a wide range of standard and seafood dishes but it was the local lobster that caught our eye. We were advised that we did not need to book so returned later that evening for a meal.
The dining room is a cross between a private lounge and a tea room with a mixed range of tables and chairs. We were warmly welcomed and shown to a table. The food and wine was of good quality and reasonably priced. The lobster was very nice.
The staff were very pleasant but they continually spoke to the diners across the room and involved all the other diners in the conversation. - This I found a little intrusive and felt that we were unable to converse privately at our own table.
When I asked for the bill I was asked openly how I was going to pay as Debit and Credit cards incurred an additional charge!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yarmouth
The George Hotel
#3 of 29 in Sandown
Wight Bay Hotel
Wight Bay Hotel
#5 of 29 in Sandown

Been to Jireh House? Share your experiences!