“Impressive, reasonably priced Indiuan Restaurant”
Review of Yarmouth Spice

Yarmouth Spice
Ranked #24 of 26 Restaurants in Yarmouth
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
UK
“Impressive, reasonably priced Indiuan Restaurant”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My wife and I arrived on the Isle of Wight too late to have Dinner at our holiday accommodation. We stumbled across this place, and decided to give it a go. We were not disappointed. Very tasty main courses - not the 'bog standard' fare served in many curry houses. Also the staff were welcoming, friendly, and attentive. Quick service.

We had starters, main course, and a litre bottle of sparkling mineral water. All for under £25.

I would certainly go back.

• Visited May 2014

Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
“Another great meal”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Yet again met with friends for a meal in Yarmouth Spice and, yet again, we were not disappointed. Quickly seated and given menus. Served drinks and poppadoms while we decided on what to choose from the very full menu. We ordered and food arrived whilst we'd been busily chatting, and what an absolutely fantastic meal we all had. Food can never be faulted - plentiful too. The staff are always pleasant and it certainly is 'a room with a view'. Would definitely recommend.

Visited April 2014
“Second visit”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Had a great meal here on our first visit looked forward to our second visit. Shahid the chef prepared our lunch and came to see if everything was ok, which was a nice touch. Thanks to Biplob the manager for his attention a suggestions, we will be back.

Visited April 2014
London
“Unexpectedly Great”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Turned up here on a whim as it was getting late and needed something to eat, seeing this place I halted my hunt for some fish and chips and went for a curry. I will admit I had my reservations about this place, a curry restaurant in a traditional town on the Isle of Wight doesn't exactly bode too well but I was to be wrong.

The food is a mixture of the standard curries we all know and love but there is also a large selection of specials. I went for a pretty standard order of a popadom, chutney's, a 660ml Cobra, pilau rice, peshwari naan and one of the special mid-hot chicken dishes cooked with onions and capsicum (I forget the name of it). All of it was really good, the beer was cold, popadoms crispy, chutneys were of good quality, naan was just right and lightly buttered and the rice fluffy. The curry was a real treat, well balanced with heat and earthy flavours combining well.

Service was quick, efficient and the waiters were very friendly and chatty.

Atmosphere is good, it was pretty empty when I was there but in the warmer weather the outdoor terrace overlooking the yachts could be fantastic. Worth a visit.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank vonman88
Freshwater, United Kingdom
“Lamb Shank to die for!”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Having recently moved to the island from near Manchester, with its famous curry mile, we were concerned we wouldn't find a decent Indian restaurant here. We are takeaway regulars now, and find the lamb shanks so delicious, we just keep ordering those! The naans are good too, and the staff are friendly. It has the perfect setting for summer meals on the balcony, with views of the ferry port.

• Visited April 2014